• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The silence of God - why?

LOL
That was a very nice rant. BRAVO!

'

Caffeine is truly the nectar of the Gods.

I’m real. And I don’t care a lick if anyone else thinks so. Do I have to reveal myself to anyone, to prove anything?

Why should God concern Himself with the opinions, beliefs and insistences of men?

Why should God concern Himself with the opinions, beliefs and insistences of men?
Well... if he doesn't, Child Protection Services will have to step in. (horrors)
Who would want that on their conscience for eternity?

I don't God's attitude about creation was like a dog kicking dirt after taking a dump.

'

I don't God's attitude about creation was like a dog kicking dirt after taking a dump.
You completely lost me there, @SteVen, but I think you may have just invented a new Zen koan. :)

The most famous Zen koan is Mu. The questioner asks, "Does a dog have the Buddha nature?" The "correct" answer is, "Of course, all sentient beings have the Buddha nature." That answer will get you slapped and dismissed by the Master. The enlightened sage, however, replied "Mu," which basically means "has not." It is your job, Grasshopper, to ponder Mu for 15,000 or so hours until your rational mind gives up and Enlightenment breaks through.

You completely lost me there, @SteVen,
You wrote:
Is a dog concerned with his creation of a dump? (defecation/poop)
Not other than the ceremonial ritual of kicking dirt at it.

Hopefully God is MORE concerned with his creation than that.
And humankind was created in His image. That should count for something.

]

Is a dog concerned with his creation of a dump?
That's when we the dog's human servants have to be concerned about cleaning it up.

There are forms of Theism that say God did create the world and then kicked dirt over it and left it to its own devices.

(I was going to find an appropriate graphic illustrating your imagery, but then I thought better of it.)

There are forms of Theism that say God did create the world and then kicked dirt over it and left it to its own devices.
Indeed. Is that called Deism?

A religious belief holding that God created the universe and established rationally comprehensible moral and natural laws but does not intervene in human affairs through miracles or supernatural revelation.

]

Indeed. Is that called Deism?

A religious belief holding that God created the universe and established rationally comprehensible moral and natural laws but does not intervene in human affairs through miracles or supernatural revelation.

]
Ah, yes. I could not remember the correct term. The dog-dump theology.

That's when we the dog's human servants have to be concerned about cleaning it up.
As a cat owner, I've always said the distinction is this:

When a dog poops on the floor, he says "Oh, God, please don't hit me!!! I'll never do it again!'

A cat poops on the floor and says, "Clean-up on Aisle 5. Will someone get that before I step in it?"

You wrote:

Is a dog concerned with his creation of a dump? (defecation/poop)

Hopefully God is MORE concerned with his creation than that.
And humankind was created in His image. That should count for something.

]

A terrible comparison.

To put it in proper perspective, you have a son that was created in your image.... he shares half of your particular DNA, with the other half contributed by his mother- presumably, your wife. You can love your son, your creation with your whole heart and not give a shit (to hearken back to your crude comparison) about what he thinks about you on any given day. It would be great if he loved and honored his Father and Mother-- he would likely be blessed by a close relationship, but your life is not in any way determined, by his.

A terrible comparison.

To put it in proper perspective, you have a son that was created in your image.... he shares half of your particular DNA, with the other half contributed by his mother- presumably, your wife. You can love your son, your creation with your whole heart and not give a shit (to hearken back to your crude comparison) about what he thinks about you on any given day. It would be great if he loved and honored his Father and Mother-- he would likely be blessed by a close relationship, but your life is not in any way determined, by his.
I agree. That was my point really. God doesn't treat us that way.

]

I agree. That was my point really. God doesn't treat us that way.

]

Your point then, was lost on me as well. It seems that you were attempting to insert your comparison, as an interjection.

Back