• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Sabbath

Converts to Christ were called Christians by other people. Before then, people were called converts to Judaism.

Judaize
Darby translation.
Gal 2;14. But when I saw that they do not walk straightforwardly, according to the truth of the glad tidings, I said to Peter before all, If *thou*, being a Jew, livest as the nations and not as the Jews, how dost thou compel the nations to Judaize?

Or: How will you compel the nations to Judaize?
There is no such as sign gifts "I did it it proves" (self edification) called Charismatics. As sons of God we are not that which we will be (His bride or called wife.

We walk by Christ's labor of love or work of his mighty faith in us .

The word rest is not a time sensitive word. We enter his sabbath every time we hear him and do not harden ones own heart.

Note ...... no faith = unbelivers
Note
..... faith of Christ = beleivers

Hebrews 4:1-2 King James Version Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

If no mixing of the temporal things seen with the unseen eternal thing of the gospel .There can be no rest (Sabbath)

Converts to Christ were first called Christians named by God in Acts. (not named by sinners) Beforehand he called his bride the church Israel a born again name that literally means he or she who wrestles with mankind and overcomes being empowered by God yoked with Him

Genesis 32:28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed

Preciously Jacob meaning the the deceiver showing he was not saved Like Saul whose name was changed to his born again name Paul.
Christ the Holy Spirit of God in Isiah 61 he made the promise to rename his bride .

In respect to heavenly Zion the place reserved for his bride the church of peace and for earthly sake he will not rest till the last day under the Sun

Isaiah 62King James Version62 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth. And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name. Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God. Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the Lord delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married. For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.

You say no longer male or female, Jew nor gentile but a new creation .Again as sons of God we are not what we will be when we receive the propmised of new incorruptible bodies.

The father renamed Israel . . ."Christians" in Acts . I would say a more befitting name for the bride made up of all the nations of the world .

ChristianslLiterally meaning as a demonym (people recognized by places or location ). "Residents of the city of Christ" prepared for his bride the church named after her husband and founder Christ.

From my experience that meaning is all by lost. It reminds me of the Tower of Babble when God took away the meaning of words and caused division.

Luke asks when he comes on the last day under the Sun will he find the faith of Christ working in mankind .or will personal experience be the law " I saw a vision", "I heard a voice strange to the book of law the Bible".

The living word the one source of Christ's faith or labor of love. The same love we return to when and if we are empowered to repent and do the first works beleive God not seen.

Changing the meaning of a word by taking away or adding new to it is something that seems to keep on increasing .

The new gospel of the world . Words have no meaning, personal experience the new leader

No he didn't.

Gal 1:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
Then he knew and was afraid unlike in other happenings.

Back