• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Philosophy The Philosophy of Daoism

The Bible Gods word, not of men has no equal or mentor.

I see profound wisdom in Taoism and some of its sacred texts. 'God' is omnipresent, infinite. She certainly hasnt been limited to or circumscribed by just one religious cult, ever! :) Infinite Spirit is uncontainable, it blows wherever it wills, and we know not its origin, but can only see its effects. So is everyone who is inspired by Spirit, and judaism/christianity have no monopoloy on truth, the great truths of the Vedic/Buddhist/Taoist traditions predate it, so lets us consider the universality of truth and wisdom.

Simply another of the many private interpretations as personal commentaries or what I would call Johnny come lately .Private interpretations (the confederacy ). They as philosophies of men are are not part of the armor of God (sola scriptura) .

You're stuck in the Bible only mentality, which is very limiting, if not cramping. That is unnecessary, when you realize 'God' is truly infinite. Infinity is not held by your prescriptions or any man's religious assumptions, which 'sola scriuptura' certainly is one 'belief' among many. The Tao is open and free to be what it is, the natural flow of God's spirit manifesting in creation and as the whole of it :) - I would give 'God' the mystery do His/Her name, but 'God' transcends gender, I only bring up the 'Goddess' or divine feminine for the fun and truth of it, since the Divine Mother aspect of Deity is just as important than any imagined 'Father-figure' of 'God', since 'God' is both male and female, and much MORE. I think its time to get over our con-cepts of 'God' that are limited, outdated and prescripted. 'God' is so much more! :)

---------------o

All life, energy, consciousness evolves. All potentials and possibilities emerge to create new forms, dimensions of experience, context, relativity........infinity has infinite potential.
Which means what? in practical terms???

I AM. I am becoming whatever I will to be-come (this is the root meaning of the divine nature or 'name' being 'ahayah').....that is the God-power and potential within consciousness itself. - it will be modified and conditioned only by those laws and factors that determine its formation. - thats the innate reality that IS. - all else is a passing field of perceptions, an illusion of perspectives conditioned by point of view. The only reality you know, is that you EXIST and are AWARE. - all else is relative. What is absolute is always what alone is absolute, always being at the core and root of everything that is or ever will be.
Which means what, Freelight?
What are you now that you weren't a year ago?
You most certainly are not the I AM.

'Karma' simply means 'action', or 'doing'...and includes all the causal/effects/dynamics/consequences of any action done whatsoever, so its a term that is all-inclusive to life as we know it. Where there is movement or action of any kind, there is 'karma'. The west has a distorted or limited view of the term, which further research would better elucidate. " whatever a man sows, that also shall he reap, 'God' (the law) is not mocked....this is a universal law.......it applies in all worlds where cause/effect or relativity exists....and naturally so. Daily thoughts, words and deeds SURELY are practically real, as you experience your own karma every day, and its effects whether immediate or further along the line of effects. - So 'karma' is ever important to life as we know it, unless you live a life entirely FREE of activity and its effects. Follow? - you create your own heaven or hell, literally and experientially by your own thoughts, words, and actions.....how you navigate and expereince existence.....that is YOUR part of the play in creation.
The only world you have been in and know and have experienced is this physical one that everyone else experiences.

My former commentary holds, for a deeper contemplation of the subject. All creation originates from the Prime Creator, so all souls are 'co-creators' as well to some degree in their interactivity within the Whole,.......there is the individual and the Universal.....all are inter-related and inter-relating. We are co-creators to the degree that our power of thought and choice effects anything whatsoever.
We are not co-creators.
We are the creation of the Creator.

There is self-responsibility and free will of course interacting within divine providence......this is the whole collective of creative consciousness unfolding in the cosmos. You of course have your part to play and determine, while providence and other divine powers and controllers operate in their own realm, but all is within one grand context of CREATION with One universal Supreme Power upholding all things, allowing certain co-creative liberties within the Matrix to play out. - this is all that is going on. - certainly much more than we can think or imagine, and way beyond what one religious book or cult can assume or prescribe as the whole of truth. There is always MUCH MORE.
The Matrix, oh brother.

I wonder what it’s like to be so far over my head

I wonder what it’s like to be so far over my head

:) All there is, is consciousness (what else is going on, and by what mechanism is anything perceivable or knowable???),....and when you conside that 'reality-source' you call 'God' is actually infinite, note 'actually', then the full potentiality and possibilities of infinity are inherent in the Creator and also in Creation itself :)

It still behooves me how anyone can put 'God' in a box,.......its mind boggling.

The Tao is unnamable....it is undefinable, but is at the heart and momentum of creation, it pervades the whole of nature and therefore within all the elements which are expressions of Itself. Remember, 'God' (Spirit) is ONE :)

--------------o

Which means what? in practical terms???

One may read the words and gather their clear or esoteric meaning at face value or deeper :) - such statements do not 'need' any so called 'practicality' to them, your assuming such.

Which means what, Freelight?
What are you now that you weren't a year ago?
You most certainly are not the I AM.

Life is always evolving, infinity has all potential and possibilities innate within IT. 'God' is the first source and center of all reality, all realities :)

The only world you have been in and know and have experienced is this physical one that everyone else experiences.

Its all perceived by individual point of view within an Ocean of Consciousness. The material world or 3-D is not the end all, be all of LIFE,.....in infinity there are innumerable worlds without number or end,.....dimensions, densities beyond one's imagination. If you're assuming this physical planet is all there is, well then.....thats a rather carnal way of looking at things, much less supported by even a traditional theology where there are certainly greater realms of Spirit and heavens beyond this sphere of matter. Come on :)

We are not co-creators.
We are the creation of the Creator.

To a degre, we co-create our own realities and experience, cant see how that can be denied,.....we have the power of choice, certain liberties and powers of mind and spirit within divine providence. As individual expressions of 'God', certainly we have divine powers and abilities, known and unknown. Consider the appropriate contexts in which we are speaking,........there is One Universal Prime Creator,....then many other beings with creative powers from that SOURCE, many individual offsprings of The ONE. - we have powers within our own individual sphere of activity by certain laws and allowances......I've not claimed that one individual soul is the WHOLE of 'God', thats silly.....but to deny the individual spirit and presence of God the Universal IN the individual, is to miss the full picture too.

The Matrix, oh brother.

:) now now,....I'd open my mind a bit more, and see that movies can give us reflections of the Greater Reality and whats going on in consciousness. All imagination originates from Universal MIND, the SOURCE of all, no matter what other so called individual minds perceive or how these perspectives may be conditioned or manipulated. The idea of there being a Matrix is not far-fetched if you see we live in a simulated reality of sorts and there are varying degrees of perception which filter and affect our interpretation and translation of things. We see thru a glass darkly, and have finite limitations with view to the infinite, of course, so there are aspects of illusion and distortion in our human experience, especially how thats integrated into society with all its religions and politics, just to scratch the surface. There's always more that meets the physical eye.

-------------o

The Philosophy of Daoism​

Daoism - Eastern Philosophy Series. Daoism is one of the great philosophical and religious traditions of China. Emphasizing balance, spontaneity, and action without intention, it is often contrasted with the rigid rituals and social order proposed by Confucianism. We'll explore the philosophical concept of the Dao and how it interacted with South Asian Buddhist ideas to give rise to a new and distinctive Buddhism in China.

1 hour 30 minutes
I would love you to find a series like t his on Diestm that would be interesting to listen to the current take and background on that THeology.

Freelight at times is profound -so profound he should be called GASLIGHT instead of FREELIGHT

Of course neither is his real name.

I am re-reading a novel by Philip K. Dick, RADIO FREE ALBEMUTH

Dick is in this novel as TWO DIFFERENT CHARACTERS

i forget if he ever splits away into just one

He wrote once of ENTIRE WALLS OF A ROOM being television screens - then I read in a Bradbury

Book the same concept -Dick and Bradbury had somehow gaslighted themselves into the same concept, and I don’t know who copied who

I am sorry, I did not get it right, good catch. I find this an interesting philosophy as Jefferson, Washington and Franklin admitted in their final writings that they aligned more with this belief pattern than Christianity. I just haven't found the videos like you seem to be able to do PJ.

Deism Deist is the person​

I am sorry, I did not get it right, good catch. I find this an interesting philosophy as Jefferson, Washington and Franklin admitted in their final writings that they aligned more with this belief pattern than Christianity. I just haven't found the videos like you seem to be able to do PJ.

Deism Deist is the person​

The Jefferson Bible basically only kept the pure sayings/teachings of Jesus in the gospels and CUT OUT Paul's letters, more or less :) Lets not forget the brilliant works of Thomas Paine too, as in 'The Age of Reason', which places a religion based on reason, nature and science over that of 'revelation' and 'faith' so lops off a good portion of the fancied miracles, myths and spectacular assumptions in more traditional religion and its paegentry.

-----------o

Last edited by a moderator:
Back