• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Law Paul Refers To

The rest was not the judgement. That was not the point .There are two different references or reasons one was to a ceremonial law .

One on the seventh day creation the other leaving the bondage of Egypt signified as this world. The rest yoked with Christ had to do with 2 days they had no labor on the week end , 40 is the time of trial .

Why two different references?

Deuteronomy 20: 15 And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.
Hebrews 3 tells us the 40 years of wandering in the desert was because God swore in His wrath that they would not enter rest.
The 40 year wandering in the desert is associated with the opposite of entering rest.

Hebrews 3 tells us the 40 years of wandering in the desert was because God swore in His wrath that they would not enter rest.
The 40 year wandering in the desert is associated with the opposite of entering rest.
I would agree they used the temporal rest in a ceremony as if it was our daily rest spoken of in Hebrew 4 mixing the temporal things seen with the unseen things of God the gospel as a shadow . . .leading towards the eternal promised land the heavenly city prepared for the bride the church

I think you could say teaching them how to walk or understand God not seen They were given a weekend rest (two days) as a fast to represent the gospel a ceremonial sign to all the surrounding faithless pagan nations.

Feeding them that murmured against the will of God "manna" a word that means. What is it? Called hidden manna in Revelation 2;17 the signified language of parables. In that way they decided to go back to Egypt signified as the world and eat real food 7 days along with their work (no rest)

On one occasion a person who did not mix the faith of the eternal gospel understanding with the temporal things seen, seeing no value in the unseen spiritual things of God,

Rather than preparing the manna on the first day of rest he waited till the second the day to gather wood to prepare the manna. It was to be eaten and shared with the less the poor on the second day. He was condemned by the that ceremonial law as a reminder to those who do enter the rest by mixing the two the eternal with temporal " (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Numbers 15: 31-36 Because he hath despised the word of the Lord, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses.

Hebrews 4:1-3King James Version4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world

The 20/20 prescription

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

I would suggest follow the prescription for mixing Yoked with christ our burden can be lighter as we rest with him

The Law Paul Refers To​

I see Paul constantly refers to both laws throughout.
And that most people got his references wrong.

For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind,
and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 7:22-25

Back