• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Lamb of God

C

CherubRam

Isaiah 53:7
He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

John 1:29
The next day John saw Yahshua coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:36
When he saw Yahshua passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!”

Acts 8:32
This is the passage of Scripture the eunuch was reading: “He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearer is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

Revelation 5:6
Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

In case you were wondering where that term "lamb," applied to Christ came from.

Isaiah 53:7
He was oppressed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth; he was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

John 1:29
The next day John saw Yahshua coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:36
When he saw Yahshua passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!”

Acts 8:32
This is the passage of Scripture the eunuch was reading: “He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearer is silent, so he did not open his mouth.

Revelation 5:6
Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing at the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. The Lamb had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

Isaiah 53:10-11 (NKJV) Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand.
He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge, My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities.

--------------o

Even though Jesus is symbollically referred to as the Lamb....I think the image lends far more to be just a symbol of 'blood sacrifice' or 'atonement', it may have elements of that, but still...each soul must atone for its own sins and by the law/practice of forgiveness...forgiving himself AND others, or he can never be forgiven.....so souls are responsible for their own sins and their own salvation, although all of this comes by way of grace of course, as the power to bind and loose is from 'God', BUT we must do the binding and loosing, using the keys of the kingdom, to ENTER into the kingdom and enjoy its provisions. The Lamb of God ever avails as the emblem of mercy and redemption (and surrendering the self to 'God') as does the blood of Christ, but we must properly translate such symbols and apply them in their proper context.

---------------o

The perfect sacrifice in the OT had to be a "lamb without blemish" (Lev. 23:12). As was Christ. "But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Peter 1:19).

No more sacrifices are necessary.

"For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy" (Heb. 10:14).

--------------o

Even though Jesus is symbollically referred to as the Lamb....I think the image lends far more to be just a symbol of 'blood sacrifice' or 'atonement', it may have elements of that, but still...each soul must atone for its own sins and by the law/practice of forgiveness...forgiving himself AND others, or he can never be forgiven.....so souls are responsible for their own sins and their own salvation, although all of this comes by way of grace of course, as the power to bind and loose is from 'God', BUT we must do the binding and loosing, using the keys of the kingdom, to ENTER into the kingdom and enjoy its provisions. The Lamb of God ever avails as the emblem of mercy and redemption (and surrendering the self to 'God') as does the blood of Christ, but we must properly translate such symbols and apply them in their proper context.

---------------o
Yes

Deuteronomy 24:16 (NKJV)
Fathers shall not be put to death for their children, nor shall the children be put to death for their fathers; a person shall be put to death for his own sin.

Philippians 2:12-16 (NKJV) Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

“Of.” A small word with a large meaning. The Messiah belongs to God and was sent from God.

The Messiah is not - as I once heard a precious and precocious child who was still in the early stages of learning how to speak say - the Lamb God.

Back