• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Incarnation of Jesus Christ

R

robert pate

The word "Incarnate" means embodied in human flesh, especially in human form. (Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary)

John wrote, "In the beginning was the Word (Jesus) and the Word (Jesus) was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him (Jesus) and without him was not anything made that was made" John 1:1:3.

Paul took what John said and added this about Jesus, "Who is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of every creature: for by him were all things created, in heaven, and that are in the earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist" Colossians 1:16,17.

Both John and Paul believed that Jesus was God, manifested in human flesh.

Jesus was not born after Adam, he was born of God, "For that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit" Matthew 1:20. Joseph did not have sex with Mary, because Mary was a virgin. Matthew quoted Isaiah when he said, "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a Son, and they shall call his name Immanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us" Matthew 1:23.

God's law says, "The soul that sins must die". When Adam and Eve sinned against God, they both died spiritually. All of Adam's descendants are born into the world spiritually dead and to saved must be born again, this is why Peter wrote, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed (Adam) but of incorruptible (Christ) by the word of God (the Gospel) which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23.

Jesus took upon himself human flesh and became one with us, but not one of us. He is God's new Adam and our new substitute and representative. All that Jesus did he did for us. When he atoned for our sins, he was our substitute. When he fulfilled God's holy law, he was our representative. Jesus was not only God with us, he was also God for us. Our first representative Adam brought sin and death upon us, our new representative brings righteousness and eternal life, Romans 5:12-21.

The word "Incarnate" means embodied in human flesh, especially in human form. (Funk and Wagnalls Dictionary)

John wrote, "In the beginning was the Word (Jesus) and the Word (Jesus) was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him (Jesus) and without him was not anything made that was made" John 1:1:3.

Paul took what John said and added this about Jesus, "Who is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of every creature: for by him were all things created, in heaven, and that are in the earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist" Colossians 1:16,17.

Both John and Paul believed that Jesus was God, manifested in human flesh.

Jesus was not born after Adam, he was born of God, "For that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit" Matthew 1:20. Joseph did not have sex with Mary, because Mary was a virgin. Matthew quoted Isaiah when he said, "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a Son, and they shall call his name Immanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us" Matthew 1:23.

God's law says, "The soul that sins must die". When Adam and Eve sinned against God, they both died spiritually. All of Adam's descendants are born into the world spiritually dead and to saved must be born again, this is why Peter wrote, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed (Adam) but of incorruptible (Christ) by the word of God (the Gospel) which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23.

Jesus took upon himself human flesh and became one with us, but not one of us. He is God's new Adam and our new substitute and representative. All that Jesus did he did for us. When he atoned for our sins, he was our substitute. When he fulfilled God's holy law, he was our representative. Jesus was not only God with us, he was also God for us. Our first representative Adam brought sin and death upon us, our new representative brings righteousness and eternal life, Romans 5:12-21.

Except (Jesus) isn’t written in any of those verses where you insert it. The word became flesh. Jesus was the flesh the word became.

It, the word, became embodied.

John wants his readers to think first of the Genesis creation, not of Jesus.

As was pointed out, and the OP agreed, “Jesus” was inserted - that is, read into the text, not out of the text - by the OP.

Getting it out of order produces a foreign theology which was unknown to John.

It, the word, became embodied.

John wants his readers to think first of the Genesis creation, not of Jesus.

As was pointed out, and the OP agreed, “Jesus” was inserted - that is, read into the text, not out of the text - by the OP.

Getting it out of order produces a foreign theology which was unknown to John.

In pointing to Genesis-- John points to Adam as the incarnation, not Jesus.

In pointing to Genesis-- John points to Adam as the incarnation, not Jesus.

I agree that’s what John had in mind but I would go further and say that what John had in mind in his prologue was everything that God created. It all preexisted in the mind of God before he spoke it into literal existence.

I agree that’s what John had in mind but I would go further and say that what John had in mind in his prologue was everything that God created. It all preexisted in the mind of God before he spoke it into literal existence.
Is God the Christ? I have a follow up question depending on how you answer, that has
to be established, before I can ask you the question in regard to your claim to know the mind of God. I am amazed that you would
know the mind of God before anything was ever created.

Is God the Christ? I have a follow up question depending on how you answer, that has
to be established, before I can ask you the question in regard to your claim to know the mind of God. I am amazed that you would

I was wondering when you would show up here. I’m surprised it took you this long. What have you been occupying yourself with?

I was wondering when you would show up here. I’m surprised it took you this long. What have you been occupying yourself with?

@Mr E is sharp. It won’t take him long to be onto you and deal with you in an appropriate manner.

@Mr E is sharp. It won’t take him long to be onto you and deal with you in an appropriate manner.
Proverbs
Chapter 6

16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Proverbs
Chapter 6

16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

You might at least have selected a user name that you’ve never used before. You were making progress - minimal, but progress nonetheless - in concealing your identity the last time we spoke. You’ve regressed since our paths last crossed.

Back