• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Heiser Thread.

All episodes of the Revelation study by Dr. Michael Heiser are already in this thread:

All episodes of the Revelation study by Dr. Michael Heiser are already in this thread:

Yeah-- not the same series is it? I think yours is more in depth. Hours upon hours.

Now that Sissy is back, it's time to revive the Heiser chatter.... This is a good one, though 5 hours long, if you listen to the first 10 or 15 minutes at least, you get the flavor.

View: https://youtu.be/ZbbshU10p_c

- "Nothing new happens under the sun.(Ecclesiastes 1:9-11)

- Can you read the signs of the times? (Matthew 16:1-4)

History may have been going in a circle. Understanding this may have been part of reading The Signs of the Times. Given a society was rejecting Righteousness, and a rejection of righteous is a rejection of God, some dominoes may have started to fall. (Romans 1:18-25) Dominoes falling towards God's "Potential Judgement." God doesn't enjoy his judgement. God would like repentance. Still, given society became top heavy with wickedness, and institutionalized corruption, repentance in a generation may have bounced back to where it was previously, and possibly worse.

Someone like Apostle Paul used The Book of Isaiah a lot to teach people prior to a New Testament. He was showing how prophecy had been fulfilled through Jesus Christ. Prophet Isaiah saw the Fall of Israel. Someone reads the New Testament from an Old Testament understanding.

One of the major criticisms of Preterism, the idea that Revelations was being fulfilled in the first century, has been that John would have been writing The Book of Revelations, during The Book of Revelations being fulfilled. In an understanding of Nothing New Happens Under the Sun, and reading the Sings of the Times, we have a "Kind of Partial Pretersm," although, I don't know that that is the best term for it.

Given someone was from a "Liberal Tradition" they believed they were "Progressing Society?" Progress towards what? What was the vision? Was the vision the Kingdom of God or something other? They may hate the concept of "Nothing New Happens Under the Sun," and may have been doing evil, and calling evil good, and falling into a lot of intelligent design traps as the dominoes fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah-- not the same series is it? I think yours is more in depth. Hours upon hours.
It's the same.
This one that you posted just skips the introduction to the book with some background and key points.
The other thread (that I gave the link to) has the introduction and where this one starts is at 1:06 of the other whole study I listed the link to.

- "Nothing new happens under the sun.(Ecclesiastes 1:9-11)

- Can you read the signs of the times? (Matthew 16:1-4)

History may have been going in a circle. Understanding this may have been part of reading The Signs of the Times. Given a society was rejecting Righteousness, and a rejection of righteous is a rejection of God, some dominoes may have started to fall. (Romans 1:18-25) Dominoes falling towards God's "Potential Judgement." God doesn't enjoy his judgement. God would like repentance. Still, given society became top heavy with wickedness, and institutionalized corruption, repentance in a generation may have bounced back to where it was previously, and possibly worse.

Someone like Apostle Paul used The Book of Isaiah a lot to teach people prior to a New Testament. He was showing how prophecy had been fulfilled through Jesus Christ. Prophet Isaiah saw the Fall of Israel. Someone reads the New Testament from an Old Testament understanding.

One of the major criticisms of Preterism, the idea that Revelations was being fulfilled in the first century, has been that John would have been writing The Book of Revelations, during The Book of Revelations being fulfilled. In an understanding of Nothing New Happens Under the Sun, and reading the Sings of the Times, we have a "Kind of Partial Pretersm," although, I don't know that that is the best term for it.

Given someone was from a "Liberal Tradition" they believed they were "Progressing Society?" Progress towards what? What was the vision? Was the vision the Kingdom of God or something other? They may hate the concept of "Nothing New Happens Under the Sun," and may have been doing evil, and calling evil good, and falling into a lot of intelligent design traps as the dominoes fall.

Yes, I think that follows. I think John made the connections as well. It's not that the prophets, -Isaiah, Daniel, Zechariah were simply seeing similar things at different times, it was that these general patterns repeat. I believe that to be the case- season after season, not with identical precision like a carbon copy, but with general similarity like a remake in the fashion of a motif.

Yes, I think that follows. I think John made the connections as well. It's not that the prophets, -Isaiah, Daniel, Zechariah were simply seeing similar things at different times, it was that these general patterns repeat. I believe that to be the case- season after season, not with identical precision like a carbon copy, but with general similarity like a remake in the fashion of a motif.
......And.........one mind. (Philippians 2:2)

Nothing new happens under the sun. In 2015, we have "Children at the border" in the US and Europe in different but similar ways. Was that "Goths at the Gates" or "Children's Crusade?" That may be "The Form of Something?" What is a something? A something in the spiritual.

Back