• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The donkey Jesus rode in on

But I thought that according to Matthew, he came riding on a donkey and the foal of a donkey - so whose grave is this, anyway? (One of my seminary professors pointed out that Matthew misread the OT and in his zeal had Jesus entering Jerusalem awkwardly sprawled across two donkeys. The same professor pointed out that Jesus would not have said take up your cross and follow me before he had been crucified, so I assume the professor may not have lasted long at the Southern Baptist seminary.)

I think that in Israel--- and in particular by Catholics---- many grave mistakes have been made.

A donkey prayer might become a new rosary bead. The donkey was the vessel that brought Jesus into Jerusalem. At least the donkey was sinless.

Last edited:
A baby human is a human. A baby donkey is a donkey.

Do you think that said donkey is really lying at the bottom of this grave?

That's a rather silly point. A baby man is a baby. A baby donkey really is a foal.

Foal: A foal is a baby male or female donkey up to one year old.

A grown man who acts like a donkey is called a Jackass.

Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass’s colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:
— Genesis 49:11

What is the difference between a colt and a foal?

Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass’s colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:
— Genesis 49:11

What is the difference between a colt and a foal?

A horse is a horse of course, of course— and this is horsey talk.

A foal as mentioned, refers to a baby— say up to a year old and like any baby in the generic form, can refer to either a male or a female.

A colt on the other hand is specific to a male, and only a young uncastrated male, with its “parts” intact. A grown breeder is a stallion, and before maturity, it would be called a colt.

A horse is a horse of course, of course— and this is horsey talk.

A foal as mentioned, refers to a baby— say up to a year old and like any baby in the generic form, can refer to either a male or a female.

A colt on the other hand is specific to a male, and only a young uncastrated male, with its “parts” intact. A grown breeder is a stallion, and before maturity, it would be called a colt.
So this is somehow referring to seed?

Back