• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Absolute Equality of Jesus Christ With God The Father

“It is impossible to document what we now call orthodoxy in the first two centuries of Christianity; heresy often appears more prominently, so much so that orthodoxy looks like a reaction to it. But we can document orthodoxy for all the centuries since then - in other words, for close to seventeen centuries of the church’s existence.”

(Harold O.J. Brown, Heresies: Heresy And Orthodoxy In The History Of The Church, p. 5)
I didn't realize this was the "change" you were talking about. The point Professor Brown made is exactly the point I made in the "inspiration" thread I started yesterday -

Jesus Christ isn’t Yahweh, Almighty God.

Jesus Christ is functionally equal with, not absolutely equal with, Yahweh, Almighty God.

Yahweh, Almighty God, is the God and Father of Jesus Christ.

The Father is then, as Jesus Christ himself said (John 14:28), greater than he.
Written in the book of John, if this being the truth...Or is this not the truth?
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Then what did God become when He was made flesh?

Written in the book of John, if this being the truth...Or is this not the truth?
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Then what did God become when He was made flesh?

God is spirit.

I didn't realize this was the "change" you were talking about. The point Professor Brown made is exactly the point I made in the "inspiration" thread I started yesterday -

I recommend Dr. Brown’s book to trinitarians and non-trinitarians alike. It’s one of my favorite books written by a trinitarian author.

I recommend Dr. Brown’s book to trinitarians and non-trinitarians alike. It’s one of my favorite books written by a trinitarian author.
I recommend the Holy Ghost.
He is never wrong. And He is God.

I recommend the Holy Ghost.
He is never wrong. And He is God.

Why does scripture associate the 'Holy Ghost' with "she?"

Feminine analogies, are used in the Bible to describe the Spirit of God in passages such as Genesis 1:1-2, Genesis 2:7, Deut. 32:11-12, Proverbs 1:20, Matthew 11:19, Luke 3:22, and John 3:5-6. These are based on the grammatical gender of both the nouns and verbs used by the original authors for the Spirit, as well as maternal analogies used by the prophets and Jesus for the Spirit in the original Bible languages.

Feminine analogies, are used in the Bible to describe the Spirit of God in passages such as Genesis 1:1-2, Genesis 2:7, Deut. 32:11-12, Proverbs 1:20, Matthew 11:19, Luke 3:22, and John 3:5-6. These are based on the grammatical gender of both the nouns and verbs used by the original authors for the Spirit, as well as maternal analogies used by the prophets and Jesus for the Spirit in the original Bible languages.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

God's Wisdom is personified throughout the OT as Sophia, which is of course female.

Many of the early believers saw Adam as embodying both male and female, with the female being "separated out" with the creation of Eve.

The Gnostics saw their prime emanation of God, the Barbelo, as female.

Give me five episodes of The Great Courses and a six-pack of Guinness Stout, and I'm an instant expert!

Back