• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Suffering As Christians - The Good News

M

MatthewG

It should be known as a stated fact that as Christians we are going to suffer, just like Jesus Christ suffered. We can suffer from just doing what we think would be the right thing to do, and others call in to question about how they may have handle the situation or accuse us for something that was right but to them was wrong.

We suffer by denying our own flesh when it wants to outburst in anger towards another human being, or when it desires to be prideful and right, we suffer by not going with the flow of the world and instead desire to do what would be right by what we find that is from the will of God.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,

What does it talk about as for our flesh that starts being put to death if we follow and seek a relationship with God?

Does it talk about how we are made perfect, that we are never wrong or do wrong at all? No.

These are the references about what the flesh is capable of, and for us as believers from the Spirit of God living in today's times to have a healthy relationship with God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 8:5-20) (Galatians 5:1-26) (Colossians 3:5-17)

Many times it is mentioned that how it is possible to be tenderhearted, to have mercy, to be kind, have humility, gentleness and patience, by the spirit; even though we can understand our flesh and the spirit battle between each other.

This will always go on until the day we pass away and give our last breath to go be with God, and the Lord Jesus Christ in the hope of eternal life after this life here on earth. A heavy burden for a lot of people to even consider.

1 Peter 3:19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water. 21 There is also an antitype which now saves us—baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him.

Jesus Christ went into the earth - (Sheol) at his burial and preached to the spirits in prisoned there, who were held for a very long time. Who were from the days of Noah himself, whom had died while the ark was being prepared. And took them away from this prison by setting them free, as we find in the bible Jesus Christ can set us free (John 8:36; Galatians 5:1; John 14:6), for he is the truth, the life, and the way.

Baptism? Would this mean the baptism that is give by the Lord Jesus Christ who baptises in the spirit?

My answer would be yes. We all do not come to the Lord Jesus Christ as clean, we come to the Lord Jesus Christ with all of our emotional and fleshly baggage that has been with us the whole time. The more we follow the Lord and read or hear (Romans 10:17) the word of God and understand what it is saying the more more we are changed by the spirit that indwells us and the changing of our own heart individually.

This is not on a whole world scale but on an individual walk of faith between you and God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ. Where we are changed from the old creation into a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17.) Which allows the renewing our mind in good conscience toward God (Romans 12:2.) Through the belief of the resurrection of Jesus Christ who was raised again by God.

Who at this time it was written had gone into heaven, and sat at the right hand of God until all enemies were placed beneath his feet and the Lord Jesus Christ gives, everything that was given from the Father, back.

The Good news is that Jesus Christ paid for the sins of everyone, even the people of the old testament before Noah ever built the ark. That a person even if they are not a believer has already been saved, if they desire to believe or not it is totally up to them.

If they do not believe they miss out the chances of having a fuller life, but that doesn't mean you discredit them.

The spirit that is given to believers is suppose to be of that of Love, to love your neighbor as yourself regardless if you have different world views, no matter what type of person they are we are meant to love while we are here on this earth because if we love God, we should also be humble and love our neighbors who is everyone close to you too.

Even if it is difficult, we are to forgive, love, have mercy, be patient with one another.

You may be right, @patrick jane . I seem to be resting in Christ and not doing very much. My flesh suffers when I need to put it in the grave with him, as by faith we die with Christ, be buried with Christ, and raised to new spiritual life with Christ.

I still have problems every day brother.

God bless you and hope you are doing well.

You may be right, @patrick jane . I seem to be resting in Christ and not doing very much. My flesh suffers when I need to put it in the grave with him, as by faith we die with Christ, be buried with Christ, and raised to new spiritual life with Christ.

I still have problems every day brother.

God bless you and hope you are doing well.
Our sufferings are the suffering of hell daily dying in a body of death . When mankind dies suffering also dies.

Are you willing to suffer martyrdom?

We read in the Early Church Fathers of Christians yearning to be martyred.

“The oftener we are mown down by you, the more in number we grow; the blood of Christians is seed.”

(Tertullian, Apology, Chapter 50)

“The fourth century was the age if Christian asceticism. The era of the martyrs had come and gone. There remained, however, martyrdom in intention, the fight against demons on the desert frontiers ‘by other means,’ by celibacy, poverty, self-abasement and rejection of the outside world.”

(W.H.C. Frend, The Early Church, p. 188)

the blood of Christians is seed.”

That's quite beautiful and true. It's always the persecuted church that is most powerful and fruitful.

We don't grow strong unless we are occasionally starved of water and buffeted by wind.

Well-fed dogs don't hunt.

Back