• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Religious Iconography

Do you see this as an example of trinitarian iconography?

I see that you liked the trinitarian iconography I posted in post #11 but didn’t react to the trinitarian iconography I posted in post #10. That makes me wonder why, but it also causes me to think that trinitarian iconography isn’t necessarily an all or nothing proposition. In other words, trinitarians may like some but not all trinitarian iconography.

If you will, take a look again at the two examples of trinitarian iconography I posted.

In the iconography contained in post #10, how many beings do you see?

In the iconography contained In post #11, how many beings do you see?

Do you see this as an example of trinitarian iconography?

I see that you liked the trinitarian iconography I posted in post #11 but didn’t react to the trinitarian iconography I posted in post #10. That makes me wonder why, but it also causes me to think that trinitarian iconography isn’t necessarily an all or nothing proposition. In other words, trinitarians may like some but not all trinitarian iconography.

If you will, take a look again at the two examples of trinitarian iconography I posted.

In the iconography contained in post #10, how many beings do you see?

In the iconography contained In post #11, how many beings do you see?
I didn't like the three faces depiction at all. I did like post 11. The white horse was just me being silly with different possible logos for the forum. The white horse doesn't remind me of ant trinity artwork.

I didn't like the three faces depiction at all. I did like post 11. The white horse was just me being silly with different possible logos for the forum. The white horse doesn't remind me of ant trinity artwork.

Why didn’t you like the three faces depiction? When I look at it I see one being, three persons. In other words, I see a depiction of the Trinity.

When I look at the iconography in post #11 I see three beings, two persons and an animal. In other words, I don’t see a depiction of the Trinity.

Why didn’t you like the three faces depiction? When I look at it I see one being, three persons. In other words, I see a depiction of the Trinity.

When I look at the iconography in post #11 I see three beings, two persons and an animal. In other words, I don’t see a depiction of the Trinity.
Post 10 reminds me of a horror movie or a bad trip on acid or something, and in 11, I see all three represented, the dove as the holy spirit.

Post 10 reminds me of a horror movie or a bad trip on acid or something, and in 11, I see all three represented, the dove as the holy spirit.

Post #10 reminds me of a theology while post #11 reminds me of a biblical scene.

The iconography of #11 doesn’t require trinitarian belief. I’ve known many unitarians and binitarians who have commented that it reminds them of “God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.“ It does to me.

Since the Trinity is only one being, three persons (naturally with none of the persons being an animal) I never thought it was a good theological representation of the Trinity when I was a trinitarian.

The iconography of #10 at once both frightened me and fascinated me when I was a child. The artist created something memorable and theological. Maybe that was his intention : The fear of the Triune God as well as the substance and essence of the Triune God.

Back