• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Predestination and Election Explained

lol.. I'm going to watch this. It should be entertaining.
Try and actually pay attention, rather than just looking for things you disagree with, making note of it so you can repeat back in response the same things you always do. Learn what that saying means about walking in another's shoes before you pass judgment on them. See if you can actually grasp what is being said and how the doctrine arrived at where it did.

Try and actually pay attention, rather than just looking for things you disagree with, making note of it so you can repeat back in response the same things you always do. Learn what that saying means about walking in another's shoes before you pass judgment on them. See if you can actually grasp what is being said and how the doctrine arrived at where it did.
Do you have another link to that video? As you can see, the link you posted has been removed due to a copyright violation.

Do you have another link to that video? As you can see, the link you posted has been removed due to a copyright violation.
The title of the OP is the title of the video. You can look it up on youtube under voddie. A few minutes ago it was still there. Strange. I don't know of another link.

The title of the OP is the title of the video. You can look it up on youtube under voddie. A few minutes ago it was still there. Strange. I don't know of another link.
I searched Youtube for "voddie 'Predestination and Election Explained'". There are several videos by him on predestination and election, but I'm not sure which one you had originally posted.

I searched Youtube for "voddie 'Predestination and Election Explained'". There are several videos by him on predestination and election, but I'm not sure which one you had originally posted.
Search reformed preachers sermons Voddie, Predestination and Election Explained. And maybe a copyright violation has it removed from youtube by now. Later I will look up the url and give it to you. I appreciate your interest in pursuing it. Right now I have to go take care of Boaz's needs and wants and have some more coffee. He scared me last night. Was wheezing and struggling to breathe it seemed like. I have had so many dogs in my life, all of which eventually die, ofcourse. But the last last four have put me in a place of worst possible outcomes and overreacting for a moment. He is only seven. He got over it pretty quick and I realized that earlier he had wanted outside by himself, which usually he wants me to go too. But when he makes that special trip I have noticed that he has some sort of stomach upset that makes him go eat leaves! I guess so he can vomit. Sometimes later, those leaves have irritated his windpipe and he does that backward breathing. He is the same old hungry active Boaz this morning!

@shroom
This is not the same one I posted. That one seems to have disappeared! I like the way it was organized better but this says the same things.

When I realized what Jn 6:40 was saying (harmonizing election and choice), I found that the NT is always saying that it is Christ who is elect, and that people chose Him or not and are elect in Him or not. I don't think we can sell direct election or rejection, even though a few places hint that way.

"If you had known the terms of peace" was a dramatic appeal to Israel that they should have known them, but rejected them. This is very different from Rom 9 saying that they always were doomed.

When I realized what Jn 6:40 was saying (harmonizing election and choice), I found that the NT is always saying that it is Christ who is elect, and that people chose Him or not and are elect in Him or not. I don't think we can sell direct election or rejection, even though a few places hint that way.

"If you had known the terms of peace" was a dramatic appeal to Israel that they should have known them, but rejected them. This is very different from Rom 9 saying that they always were doomed.
How can Christ be the elect if He is God the Son come as Son of man? People are always trying to find a way around God's election of people. Why I don't know, but I think it has to do with the very core of our fallen nature which we will have until corruption puts on incorruption. This teaching is one of the clearest in the Bible. Once you see it and understand it, you see it everywhere in scripture. It is just that we are trained form the beginning, this teaching having been finally murdered by Charles Finney, (there is not a person alive today who did not begin there walk with God under that influence,unless they happened to grow up in a Reformed or Calvinist church) to skip right over the clear words and turn the scriptures into applying to something else. Rather than extracting the meaning from the scriptures. We don't even see them, or don't look closely at them because we have already been told what we are to see. And guess what? That teaching that was murdered back in the 1800's, in the last twenty years, and increasing rapidly recently, is coming back to life. People are hungry for the real God, for something real, not all this superficiality and felt needs.

Where do you get that it was said that Rom 9 is saying they (who?) were always doomed?

Your preacher is hard to listen to imo. He takes too long to say something, to make his point, and then by the end I am still wondering what his point was. It is titled Castle of Calvinism. It seemed like he kept setting up these huge smoke screens about language variations, and side trips, much laughter, speaking of God as though He were a man like us, and made the point that God wasn't really talking about individuals, but the nation Israel when He chose Jacob, and as though it were a surprise to Him that there were twins and He had to choose one. I guess
one could get so distracted by all the smoke, that they thought He actually proved Calvinism to be wrong. And I can see how one would choose to look at it the way you do, and he does. But it won't hold water when you consider all that the Bible says. Not in my book.

IMO one of these preachers knows how to expound on scripture and the other one knows how to make a show of doing so.

Back