• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Prayer

R

razzelflabben

Mostly I have heard it taught that prayer was communication with God and yet most prayers I have heard prayed today is a monolog of wishes, hopes and dreams.

I have also heard people talk about how they wish there were more prayers in scripture to teach us how to pray.

So here is the place to tell us what you think prayer is and what Biblical prayer have taught you how to pray in a way that is a pleasing aroma to God..

For starters I give God thanks for sending his Son and admitting I'm praying in his name.
Not at the end of my prayer as I see and hear most do.
Bob Joyce, aka. Elvis is the only preacher I've ever heard do it like I do.
Mostly all others add "in Jesus's name" at the end.
I can add more but this will do for starters. 😣

For starters I give God thanks for sending his Son and admitting I'm praying in his name.
Not at the end of my prayer as I see and hear most do.
Bob Joyce, aka. Elvis is the only preacher I've ever heard do it like I do.
Mostly all others add "in Jesus's name" at the end.
I can add more but this will do for starters. 😣
Is there a specific prayer in scripture that taught you to do it this way?

Is there a specific prayer in scripture that taught you to do it this way?
No.
King James Bible
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Supplication is a form of humility.
To me there is nothing more humble than praying in Jesus's name rather than my own.

So then I start out thanking God for his most precious gift, which is his salvation in and through His son.

No.
King James Bible
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Supplication is a form of humility.
To me there is nothing more humble than praying in Jesus's name rather than my own.

So then I start out thanking God for his most precious gift, which is his salvation in and through His son.
My mind went to the Lord's prayer where it begins with acknowledging God for who He is. May not be the exact thing you are thinking and could stir some on the concept of trinity but that is still where my mind went. Thanks for the answer...feel free to offer more.

Human beings pray.

Does God pray? When I was a child a Sunday School teacher taught my friends and I that he does.

Jesus taught us how to pray. We are to praise God, ask that His will be done (not yours), for daily understanding of His word, and forgiveness for our sins. Almost 3,000 people died when the Trade Centers fell in 2001. Because of the slow development of the situation, millions of people watched from around the world and prayed that the people would be saved from death. God didn't save them from dying. Even though millions of prayers were being sent up. God does not answer prayers for worldly intervention. He won't cure your illness. Many people pray for personal interventions. When the outcome is positive they pronounce loudly that their prayers were answered. Those same people say nothing when their outcomes are negative. The outcomes are independent from God's will. If I toss a penny in the air, the odds are 50/50 that it will land heads up. So, some desires work out and some don't. Pray for understanding of His will and forgiveness of your sins.

Back