• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Our New Tongue

C

Comingfrom

One of the main reasons I come onto the forums is to use my new tongue.

I have a few friends who believe in the Lord, but none of them are daily consumers of the word,
and none of them are conversant in God's law.
So I never really get a chance to discuss deeper theological and Biblical topics with them.
And I never get to use my new tongue.
So I come here to discuss and rejoice the Lord's word with my fellow Christians.

And the topic just came up while talking in another thread here,
so I decided to start this thread just for the topic.

Because now here I am, in the midst of like minded Christian theologians and Biblical scholars
who are scripturally conversant, but find that I still cannot use my new tongue from Jesus.
If I do, you people won't understand, will think I am playing games, and as one likes to put it here, it becomes a clown show.
But if I were to use my new tongue to describe it, I would say, becomes as Sodom and Gomorrah.
With the rulers of Sodom trying the shed the blood of every just and righteous beast that is offered up in the camp.

And in speaking like that, I will immediately lose half, if not more of you, in understanding the conversation.
And if you couldn't understand that, how can you understand the word of scripture, since it is all spoken in the new tongue.
Even those parts where it doesn't appear to be in 'mystical' language
(another term that gets used here, when my tongue is heard, but not understood).

So let's talk about this, and look at what scripture says,
and see if we can enable some tongues.

😛

I could not resist to use that smiley,
and because I want to keep this thread light hearted if possible,
with us all remembering and being aware that the tongue can also be a sharp sword.
So let us all reap mercifully, please.

And praise the Lord.
❤️

And these signs shall follow them that believe;
In My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mark 16:17

I'll cut to the chase.
Christians see your tongue.
Theirs is hidden from you.
Joshua 6:17; And the city shall be accursed, even it, and all that are therein, to the Lord: only Rahab the harlot shall live, she and all that are with her in the house, because she hid the messengers that we sent.

2 Cor: 2,3,4

…2Instead, we have renounced secret and shameful ways. We do not practice deceit, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by open proclamation of the truth, we commend ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.

3And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing.

4The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.…

So let's talk about this, and look at what scripture says,
and see if we can enable some tongues.
Thats kind of a different way of asking can we discuss prophecy the tongue of God a bible study.

Gods tongue the power of life or death as a imperishable seed by which dying mankind are born again from above, it can be watered with the doctrines of God by those sent with it. But the apostles are as nothing having no power to work in the hearts of others. They hold out the gospel in a hope God will work in them Neither do they have power to rebuke the spirit of lies .It is the exclusive work of God through the spirit of grace that can and alone does cause a increase if any.

In that way we must careful how we handle the living word as we judge it, it judges us .If we use it to rebuke our brothers and sisters it will rebuke a person for puffing themselves above "as it is written in the law and prophets" . Again we must be careful how we hear and speak

1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

And these signs shall follow them that believe;
In My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mark 16:17
Jesus is talking about the disciples spoke not their own language, and yes they cast out devils too.

It was a miracle time for evangelism.

It has nothing to do with what you are talking about.

I'll cut to the chase.
Christians see your tongue.
Theirs is hidden from you.
And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against Me:
for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched;
and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Isaiah 66:24

Bless God ❤️

Thats kind of a different way of asking can we discuss prophecy the tongue of God a bible study.
A wholesome tongue is a tree of life:
but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.

Proverbs 15:14

Gods tongue the power of life or death as a imperishable seed by which dying mankind are born again from above, it can be watered with the doctrines of God by those sent with it. But the apostles are as nothing having no power to work in the hearts of others. They hold out the gospel in a hope God will work in them Neither do they have power to rebuke the spirit of lies .It is the exclusive work of God through the spirit of grace that can and alone does cause a increase if any.
Notwithstanding in this
rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you;
but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Luke 10:20

In that way we must careful how we handle the living word as we judge it, it judges us .If we use it to rebuke our brothers and sisters it will rebuke a person for puffing themselves above "as it is written in the law and prophets" . Again we must be careful how we hear and speak
All scripture is given by inspiration of God,
and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
I charge thee therefore before God,
and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom;
Preach the word;
be instant in season, out of season;
reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
But watch thou in all things,
endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

2 Timothy 3:16-4:2 & 5

1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
For the land, whither thou goest in to possess it, is not as the land of Egypt, from whence ye came out,
where thou sowedst thy seed, and wateredst it with thy foot, as a garden of herbs:

Deuteronomy 11:10

❤️

But the land, whither ye go to possess it,
is a land of hills and valleys, and drinketh water of the rain of heaven:
A land which the Lord thy God careth for:
the eyes of the Lord thy God are always upon it,
from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the year.

Deuteronomy 11:11-12​

Jesus is talking about the disciples spoke not their own language, and yes they cast out devils too.
If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you,
ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples.

John 15:7-8

It was a miracle time for evangelism.
But the hour cometh, and now is,
when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.

John 4:23
It has nothing to do with what you are talking about.
The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom,
and his tongue talketh of judgment.

Psalm 37:30

Kiss the Son ❤️

I think this is going to be an interesting thread. :cool:
I expected some opposition.
And I am still figuring out how to deal with it, I confess.
So if I say anything offensive, forgive me.

How about, if you want to stay on topic, and testify of your new tongue, then let's talk,
but if you come only to stand against my blood, I will only show you what scripture says.
You know, the word which you say you believe, and expect me to believe?
Deal?

And I consider this.
For so many condemn me for desiring to speak righteously,
and try tell me that what I do is a waste of my time, and I should stop
(because God just magically saves them by His grace who simply choose to have faith in Jesus' death)
but I believe, if one cannot or does not even speak right by God,
how can they do right by God?
(and they tell me that is not possible either, so they do not try, but continue in the condemnation.)

So, before posting your reply, take pause, and sanctify God in your heart.
And hate not your brother.
I love you :love:

The words of a man's mouth are as deep waters,
and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook.

Proverbs 18:4

A wholesome tongue is a tree of life:
but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.

Proverbs 15:14
The tongue of prophecy is simply God working in us by grace to both reveal his will and empower us to perform it. No power is atributed the flesh or un-trimmed beard.

Notwithstanding in this
rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you;
but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

Luke 10:20
The spirits are not subject to you. . You have no power to rebuke just as Jesus as the Son of man had none. . Only God unseen can rebuke or call sinful mankind to salvation . We can plant and water but that as far as it goes .No glorying in the corupted flesh and blood. God is not a man .

This is you speaking your new tongue, sir?
The tongue of prophecy is simply God working in us by grace to both reveal his will and empower us to perform it. No power is atributed the flesh or un-trimmed beard.
Therefore shall ye lay up these My words in your heart and in your soul,
and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes
Deuteronomy 11:18

My son, keep My words, and lay up My commandments with thee.
Keep My commandments, and live; and My law as the apple of thine eye.
Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.

Proverbs 7:1-3

The spirits are not subject to you. .
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions,
and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Luke 10:19

You have no power to rebuke just as Jesus as the Son of man had none. .

And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end,
to him will I give power over the nations:
And he shall rule them with a rod of iron;
as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of My Father.

Revelation 2:26-27

Only God unseen can rebuke or call sinful mankind to salvation .
He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth Me:
and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him.

John 14:21

We can plant and water but that as far as it goes
For the land, whither thou goest in to possess it, is not as the land of Egypt, from whence ye came out,
where thou sowedst thy seed, and wateredst it with thy foot, as a garden of herbs:

Deuteronomy 11:10

.No glorying in the corupted flesh and blood.
For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law;
but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

Galatians 6:13

God is not a man .
God is a Spirit:
and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.

John 4:24

And as for you, O My flock, thus saith the Lord God;
Behold, I judge between cattle and cattle, between the rams and the he goats.

Ezekiel 34:17

If ye abide in Me, and My words abide in you,
ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples.

John 15:7-8

But the hour cometh, and now is,
when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.

John 4:23

The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom,
and his tongue talketh of judgment.

Psalm 37:30

Kiss the Son ❤️
Your usual non-answer reply.

so convenient, claiming to know the scripture which only you and @Studyman know.

You said a similar thing about @Dakk too.

Alas, he abandoned you.

@Studyman

Your usual non-answer reply.

so convenient, claiming to know the scripture which only you and @Studyman know.

You said a similar thing about @Dakk too.

Alas, he abandoned you.

@Studyman
And thou shalt speak My words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear:
for they are most rebellious.

Ezekiel 2:7

Wherefore thus saith the Lord God of hosts, Because ye speak this word,
behold, I will make My words in thy mouth fire,
and this people wood, and it shall devour them.

Jeremiah 5:14

Back