• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

My Heart

P

patience

What's on my heart this morning for everyone:

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith---that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen [Eph. 3:14-21]

Also:

For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love toward all the saints, I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers, that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him, having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. (Amen)
[Eph. 15-21]

Favorites from Psalm 33:

4) For the word of Yahweh is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness.

6) By the word of Yahweh the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host.

9) For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.

11) The counsel of Yahweh stands forever, the plans of his heart to all generations.

20-22) Our soul waits for Yahweh; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O Yahweh, be upon us, even as we hope in you.

What's on my heart this morning for everyone:

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith---that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen [Eph. 3:14-21]
Patience, I love your OP.

Knowing that our Father is in the Son and the Son is also in us, brings love, peace and joy to my heart. As a servant of Yahshua, there is always work to be done, in accordance with our Father's will. In the name of his Son, Yahshua, who is not only our Lord and Savior, he is also my dear close brother indeed.

May all of our adventures and journeys in Christ bring many fruits to the altar of our Father. Amen

Glory to our Father God forever, and in Christ always.

Patience, I love your OP.

Knowing that our Father is in the Son and the Son is also in us, brings love, peace and joy to my heart. As a servant of Yahshua, there is always work to be done, in accordance with our Father's will. In the name of his Son, Yahshua, who is not only our Lord and Savior, he is also my dear close brother indeed.

May all of our adventures and journeys in Christ bring many fruits to the altar of our Father. Amen

Glory to our Father God forever, and in Christ always.
Jesus says we cannot serve both God and the world.

and test the spirit.

and test the spirit.
There was nothing in Apak's post that deserved this response. I really would like to keep this thread free of negativity. Thanks, meshak.

and test the spirit.
As we continue to work in Christ and serve Him, as He works in us, we become experts at avoiding the enticements and entrapments caused by the spirits of this world. We become vigilant, and I must admit was not always that way in my younger years, even being in Christ. I slipped up a few significant times as I experiences it. It's the past now. And today, the world seems to fade away into the background, more and more. We become more like our lord, as his image, and thus as our Father desires it.

Have a truly Blessed day meshak.

As we continue to work in Christ and serve Him, as He works in us, we become experts at avoiding the enticements and entrapments caused by the spirits of this world. We become vigilant, and I must admit was not always that way in my younger years, even being in Christ. I slipped up a few significant times as I experiences it. It's the past now. And today, the world seems to fade away into the background, more and more. We become more like our lord, as his image, and thus as our Father desires it.

Have a truly Blessed day meshak.
We need to learn how to discern what kind of spirit we are in when we agree with professed believers.

Our faith ought to be consistent overall in every aspect such as what kind of doctrines we are adopting.

blessings.

There was nothing in Apak's post that deserved this response. I really would like to keep this thread free of negativity. Thanks, meshak.
When I see inconsistencies in the claims, I will challenge them.

God cannot be mocked.

Reading about the suffering servant and thought I would find corresponding verses from the NT reflecting the fulfillment of Isaiah 53:

1) Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of Yahweh been revealed? [John 8:45,45b] But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. . . If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me?

2) For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form of majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. [Luke 2:40] And the child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom. And the favor of God was upon him.

3) He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief, and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. [Luke 17:25] But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

4-6) But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his tripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned---every one---to his own way; and Yahweh has laid on him the iniquity of us all. [1Peter 2:24] He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live unto righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

7) He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth. [Mark 15:5] (before Pilate) But Jesus yet answered nothing, so that Pilate marvelled.

8) By oppression and judgement, he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people? [Matt. 26:50b] Then they came up and laid hands on Jesus and seized him.

9) And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth. [Matt. 27:57,58] When it was evening, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who also was a disciple of Jesus. He went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate ordered it to be given to him.

10,11) Yet it was the will of Yahweh to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of Yahweh shall prosper in his hand. Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities. [Romans 5:19] For as by one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many shall be made righteous.

12) Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors. [1 Tim. 2:5,6] For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all . . . .

Closing: Isaiah 52:13 Behold, my servant shall act wisely; he shall be high and lifted up, and shall be exalted. [Phil. 2:9] Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

So, this was just a cursory study - I thought it would be fun for everyone to reference a Isaiah 53 to their own corresponding verse from the NT - what say you?

Reading about the suffering servant and thought I would find corresponding verses from the NT reflecting the fulfillment of Isaiah 53:

1) Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of Yahweh been revealed? [John 8:45,45b] But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. . . If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me?

2) For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form of majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him. [Luke 2:40] And the child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom. And the favor of God was upon him.

3) He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief, and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. [Luke 17:25] But first he must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

4-6) But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his tripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned---every one---to his own way; and Yahweh has laid on him the iniquity of us all. [1Peter 2:24] He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live unto righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

7) He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth. [Mark 15:5] (before Pilate) But Jesus yet answered nothing, so that Pilate marvelled.

8) By oppression and judgement, he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people? [Matt. 26:50b] Then they came up and laid hands on Jesus and seized him.

9) And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth. [Matt. 27:57,58] When it was evening, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who also was a disciple of Jesus. He went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate ordered it to be given to him.

10,11) Yet it was the will of Yahweh to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of Yahweh shall prosper in his hand. Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities. [Romans 5:19] For as by one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many shall be made righteous.

12) Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors. [1 Tim. 2:5,6] For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all . . . .

Closing: Isaiah 52:13 Behold, my servant shall act wisely; he shall be high and lifted up, and shall be exalted. [Phil. 2:9] Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

So, this was just a cursory study - I thought it would be fun for everyone to reference a Isaiah 53 to their own corresponding verse from the NT - what say you?
Isaiah 53:1 - >> Matt 8:17

(Isa 53:1) Has anyone believed us or seen the mighty power of the LORD in action? (CEV)

(Mat 8:17) So God's promise came true, just as the prophet Isaiah had said, "He healed our diseases and made us well."(CEV)

Isaiah 59:8 - - > Acts 13:29 + 1 Peter 2:22

(Isa 53:9) They made his grave with the wicked, and with a rich man in his death; although he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.(NEV)

(Act 13:29) And when they had fulfilled all things that were written about him, they took him down from the tree and laid him in a tomb.(NEV)

(1Pe 2:22) He did no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth.(NEV)

Back