• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

"My doctrinal opinion is true; you're doctrinal opinion is false." - Got it?

SteVen

Say what?

Or worse...

"Who should I believe, you, or the Word of God?" (in reference to a man-made doctrinal opinion)

Basically, playing the "God card" to win a doctrinal argument. "How will you top that?"

Why do we treat each other this way?

"My doctrinal opinion is true; you're doctrinal opinion is false." - Got it?

]

Jesus’ “doctrinal opinion” is true.

His “doctrinal opinion” concerning who the one true God is is that God is Yahweh, the God of Israel. (The God of Abraham. The God of Moses. The God of the Jews.)

Yahweh is his God; Yahweh is his Father.

But Jesus doesn’t stop there. He further expresses his “doctrinal opinion” by saying that his God is the God of his disciples, and that his Father is the Father of his disciples.

All other “doctrinal opinions” must be weighed against Jesus’ “doctrinal opinion.”

If the scale doesn’t balance, the “doctrinal opinions” of others are false.

The God of Jesus is Yahweh. No one other than the Gnostics (“Yahweh is the devil.”) would seriously challenge that. I invite any trinitarian, binitarian or unitarian who would do so to boldly step forward.

When did Jesus ever say that his God and the God of his disciples is the Trinity? (Trinitarian box checked.)

When did Jesus ever say that his God and the God of his disciples is the Binity? (Binitarian box checked.)

When did Jesus ever say that his God and the God of his disciples is the Father? (Jewish monotheism box checked.)

When did Jesus ever say that his God and the God of his disciples is the devil? (Gnosticism box checked.)

“Be it never forgotten that Jesus was a Jew.” - Charles Spurgeon

Yahweh is the God of the Jews. The God of the Jews isn’t the devil. The God of Jesus isn’t the devil.

The devil is the father and god of all those who refuse to believe - be they Jew or Gentile - that a specific Jew from Nazareth, Jesus, is the promised and prophesied Messiah.

“Be it never forgotten that Jesus was a Jew.” - Charles Spurgeon

Yahweh is the God of the Jews. The God of the Jews isn’t the devil. The God of Jesus isn’t the devil.

The devil is the father and god of all those who refuse to believe - be they Jew or Gentile - that a specific Jew from Nazareth, Jesus, is the promised and prophesied Messiah.

It should give you pause to realize that there isn’t an inch of difference between the Pharisees notion of a Jewish monotheistic God, and yours.

I’m telling you what Jesus had to say about it and your telling me what Charles Spurgeon said about it.

“Jesus practiced fhe religion of first-century Judaism.”

Separating Jesus from his religion is just as bad as separating Jesus from his words.

The result is the same: a counterfeit “Jesus”.

Back