• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Little thoughts and big ideas

A little bird brought me this one, just now. I'll paraphrase.....

A man went to College and among his classes, he had to take some very difficult math courses. He quickly discovered after the grading of the first exam that he was ill-equipped and unprepared, as he got a big, fat ZERO on the test.

The professor approached him and commented-- "It seems that you don't know the first thing about mathematics! How did you ever even make it through high school?"

The man, in his own defense said-- "In high school I found almost all the answers to the problems were written in the back of the book. So I would just memorize them."

The man dropped out of the class and went on to study theology quite successfully-- by again memorizing the answers.

He never learned to do math, and in truth-- he never learned to do theology either.

The mystic was back from the desert.

"Tell us," they said, "what God is like.”

But how could he ever tell them

what he had experienced in his heart?

Can God be put into words?

Life is a process. Wisdom is a discreet thing of value.

A bit of combining means and ends. We do not wisdoming but we do living. In our living, we aspire to obtain or acquire wisdom.

A came across a beautiful gem of wisdom in:

Money has an answer for everything
Ecclesiastes 10:19 (CJB)

And this reminds me of the value of reading different translations. This rendering stuck with me. Of course, it is figuratively, not literally, true. Money is like wisdom in that we aspire to obtain or acquire as we live. Of course, the object of having both wisdom and money is not to hoard it but to share it, use it to make life better for all who embrace it. This, I call the good life.

Back