• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Jesus Has Done It All And He Did It Perfectly

Of course.

Jesus says to make every effort to enter into the kingdom.
You are not going to enter into the Kingdom by your works, Matthew 7:21-23. Salvation has ALWAYS been by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8.

Every jot and tittle of the law has been fulfilled, Matthew 5:18. Having fulfilled all of the demands of the law Jesus abolished it, Ephesians 2:15. Which means that... "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4. The words "Law" and "Religion" mean the same thing. When one is doing their religion, they are doing the law. When one is doing the law, they are doing their religion. Paul could have said, "Christ is the end of religion to everyone that believes". Religion is something that we do. Paul said, "By the deeds of the law (what we do) there shall no flesh be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20. Salvation has always been by faith and not by religion. Religions, such as Calvinism, Catholicism, etc. is not of faith, simply because it is another Gospel, or another way to be saved, Galatians 1:6-10.

The fulfilling of the law was not enough, something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the whole world. Jesus has victoriously atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. If one jot or tittle of the law had not been fulfilled, or one sin not atoned for Jesus would still be in Joseph's new tomb, and we would all still be in our sins. The resurrection of Jesus Christ was God's stamp of approval on the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. "Jesus has done it all and he did it perfectly". This is why Paul said, "And you are COMPLETE in him which is the head of all principality and power" Colossians 2:10.

If you are complete in Christ, then why would you need to be predestinated? (Calvinism). If you are complete in Christ, then why would you need to be a member of the Catholic church? Religion is an indication of the absence of faith, it is also a denial of the Gospel and justification by faith and is under the judgment of God. The only thing that is going to pass in the judgment is the righteousness of Christ. If God does not see you "In Christ" in the judgment you will perish. The man that tried to crash the wedding without the proper wedding garment on, which was the righteousness of Christ, was cast out into outer darkness, Matthew 22:11-14. To be "In Christ" means that you have renounced your righteousness or your religion and that you are trusting in Christ alone for your salvation.
Thats your religion.

Trying to keep the law and the commandments is like trying to jump across the Grand Canyon. You keep trying, but you always wind up at the bottom in a bloody heap. As for me, I am resting in the righteousness of Christ, Hebrews 4:10.
You're right that we are saved by faith in Jesus Christ, but your dismissing all effort to live godly lives pleasing to God just shows your ignorance.

Eph 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.

1 Cor 11:1 Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.

1 Cor 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

You're right that we are saved by faith in Jesus Christ, but your dismissing all effort to live godly lives pleasing to God just shows your ignorance.

1 Cor 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
God sees his people as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. If God saw you in your flesh he would have to judge you and condemn you to hell. Your holiness religion is going to fail in the judgment. Christians are called to live holy lives because they are witnesses for Christ and his Gospel, but don't trust in your holy life to save you.

God sees his people as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. If God saw you in your flesh he would have to judge you and condemn you to hell. Your holiness religion is going to fail in the judgment. Christians are called to live holy lives because they are witnesses for Christ and his Gospel, but don't trust in your holy life to save you.
That takes effort, Robert.

Also, I do not have a "holiness religion."

Religion is what we do. The Gospel is what Jesus did. Salvation has always been by grace through faith. I don't have any faith in religion.
Your faith in the Gospel is your religion no matter how much you see yourself as a special case who rises above religion.

Your faith in the Gospel is your religion no matter how much you see yourself as a special case who rises above religion.
Depends on your definition of religion.

RELIGION: Man's preoccupation with his own spirituality, which is himself.

I don't rise above anything. I am a sinner saved by the grace of God.

The above scriptures are law, because they tell us to do something. Paul taught the law because there were many in his congregation that were not Christians and needed the law, 1 Timothy 1:9.

Christians are NOT led by rules, laws or religions. They are led by the Holy Spirit.

Back