• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

IS JESUS CHRIST GOD?

You said it wrong here, too. God did not give Paul the thorn, the devil did.

Stop blaming God for things the devil does.
Now why would Satan want to warn me that I am thinking of or doing a sin....

That is ludicrous......I expected nothing more.

Blade

Now why would Satan want to warn me that I am thinking of or doing a sin....
He wouldn't. The thorn was not a warning. It was a hindrance. Paul's thorn, which was the messenger of Satan, hindered him from preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Note that I didn't say it stopped him.

Last edited by a moderator:
He wouldn't. The thorn was not a warning. It was a hindrance. Paul's thorn, which was the messenger of Satan, hindered him from preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Note that I didn't say it stopped him.
ok,you read it your way and I will mine, although mine makes a whole lot more sense.

Blade

So then you should be able to easily refute your own idea.

Twice God told Satan to consider Job (pointing him out) and to do whatever he might short of taking his life.
Job is written from the OT perspective. Not much was known about the devil or the spiritual war we're in the middle of. Jesus Christ made it known.

If you were bragging about your daughter and a rapist heard you, would you let him have a go at her, but just don't kill her?

Job is written from the OT perspective. Not much was known about the devil or the spiritual war we're in the middle of. Jesus Christ made it known.

If you were bragging about your daughter and a rapist heard you, would you let him have a go at her, but just don't kill her?

That makes no sense whatsoever. Know what a strike against you is? It’s a swing and a miss.

Just step back up to the plate and try again. Shrug it off shroom and try to do better next time.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Know what a strike against you is? It’s a swing and a miss.

Just step back up to the plate and try again. Shrug it off shroom and try to do better next time.
Sorry you don't like it.

Carnal Christians, Those that commit sin after they have been saved.
They can be forgiven.
at the time of Galatians and the other churches, baby Christians were apparently falling backwards into sin.
Those in Galatians fell from grace for Jews talking them into doing the works of the law, which was the observance of special days and circumcision.
Paul had to form Christ in them again.
We true Christians are all carnal in that we have a conflict with two natures. One of the Fleshand Blood Body and the other that is Now spiritual.
No such thing as being "all carnal" as a Christian.
Yet.even Paul admitted to his sins, when He said in :Ga; 2:20.."I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me"
How do you ever get that is Paul admitting to sins? He says he is crucified with Christ that is about dying to the sins of the world!
Does this help you understand

Yes, I have given up many sins. Rem, this :1 john 1:10.."if we may say -- 'we have not sinned,' a liar we make Him, and His word is not in us."
That scripture is about being saved in the first place.
It is about having to admit you are a sinner TO GET SAVED and repent of your sins.
If you never admitted you were a sinner and repent of your sins, then you were never saved.
That's what that scripture means.
SO, having read His word on this subject,,,do you want to recant and tell us you also sin daily?
You have been taught falseness about the scriptures. If you are sinning daily and have been a Christian for a long time then something is wrong with your walk in Christ.
God gave Him that thorn which was of Satan or sin.
And for the thorn in Paul's flesh, it wasn't a devil in his flesh making him sin. Just read farther down in the chapter, it tells us what the thorn is.

It was his infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

See 2 Corinthians 12:10. NOT A SINGLE WORD ABOUT HIM SINNING.
I think that Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit sees the sins but does not count them against me for I am trying very hard, not to sin...YET, NOT I as Paul said, I still do
What do you mean "Yet, NOT I as Paul said"?
We have to be over comers.
You have deceived yourself then.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

James 1:16 Don't be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters.

James 1:22 Be doers of the word, and not hearers only. Otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves.

So you are righteous and do not sin?
as the scripture says,that is calling GOD a liar.

Blade
You don't know the scriptures well enough to be such a judge and teacher.

Back