• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Is heaven only for Christians? - That's convenient

It's nice having a smaller forum for now. Im happy for it to grow too, it's just nice to post within a smaller group sometimes.

We had a few more that came over because they didn't like being restricted at another site. They wanted to be heard.

But then they didn't like others being unrestricted here. lol

Anyway, I dont see heaven for Christians as being convenient because we are held to Christ's standard and will be judged according to that knowledge. We are also called to share in the sufferings of Christ on earth in order to share in the glory while He is revealed.

Anyway, I dont see heaven for Christians as being convenient because we are held to Christ's standard and will be judged according to that knowledge. We are also called to share in the sufferings of Christ on earth in order to share in the glory while He is revealed.
That's not what I meant by "convenient".
I meant convenient in the sense that we have determined that OUR way is the RIGHT way and all other ways are the WRONG way.

A person born and raised in a Muslim or Buddhist country may arrive at the same conclusion.
Their way = the right way. How convenient.

]

That's not what I meant by "convenient".
I meant convenient in the sense that we have determined that OUR way is the RIGHT way and all other ways are the WRONG way.

A person born and raised in a Muslim or Buddhist country may arrive at the same conclusion.
Their way = the right way. How convenient.

]
Are you right about that?

"Christ's standard" is fair and just because Christ became sin--- that is Christ (the Word) became flesh and walked in our shoes.

LOL - That's funny, unless you were serious.

]
It was meant for fun. Is believing your way is right really that bad?

I personally would rather risk being sincerely wrong after a lot of thought, then try to camp out in a way of thinking where I'm only partially convinced or have less motivation to move forward.

Last edited:
It was meant for fun. Is believing your way is right really that bad?
I suppose it depends on how it effects your relationship with others.
There is a whole range of response. Some of which I believe is very good and some of which is very bad.
The extremes on both ends seems to be the issue. IMHO

On one extreme, a person believes that there is no right way, so nothing matters. I get blamed for that due to misconceptions about Christian Universalism. On the other end of the spectrum, one believes that ONLY their church or denomination is the one that is right. To hell with everyone else. It seems to me that the best attitude is toward the middle. Providing some latitude and respect for others convictions. --- "You might be right, I might be wrong." Let's all learn from each other. No one is saved by doctrine anyway.

I personally would rather risk being sincerely wrong after a lot of thought, then try to camp out in a way of thinking where I'm only partially convinced or have less motivation to move forward.
Agree.
Romans chapter fourteen handles this issue well. This illustrates respect for others.

Romans 14:5 NIV
One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike.
Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

]

get blamed for that due to misconceptions about Christian Universalism
I probably have some of those. I honestly see it as the "Rob Bell" ideology. People who get seats with Oprah to diss the beliefs of people who contribute way more to society.

I am hoping to overcome the prejudice, despite universalism being my least favorite ideology. For what it's worth, you bring up good points and you aren't nearly as insufferable as certain ones in my own camp of thinking that I could possibly mention now.

Back