• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

How to Get Into The Big Game

At this point, I see it this way. Jesus is the light that lights every human. It is beyond us to choose to believe something we don't understand. So The Holy Spirit enlightens us and gives us understanding. We then can choose to receive it or reject it. My knowledge of God grows as the years pass, so that is why I say, "at this point."

The Light came and shone upon men, telling them-- Y'all got it wrong. You've strayed from the path and you are wandering around like lost sheep, but with this Light that was given me from the Father of Light, I'm going to show you 'the way' and it's not the way you are heading. In fact, you need to turn. Turn around, and abandon the way you are going and follow me.

Those who turned and followed found the way. Those who stuck with their own understanding did not.

The ticket? Free tickets were provided any who turned from their own understanding of how the ticket system worked.

The Light came and shone upon men, telling them-- Y'all got it wrong. You've strayed from the path and you are wandering around like lost sheep, but with this Light that was given me from the Father of Light, I'm going to show you 'the way' and it's not the way you are heading. In fact, you need to turn. Turn around, and abandon the way you are going and follow me.

Those who turned and followed found the way. Those who stuck with their own understanding did not.

The ticket? Free tickets were provided any who turned from their own understanding of how the ticket system worked.
I got mine from a scalper.

No, the salvation provided by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the ticket.

God freely gives tickets to people who choose to believe.
As a reward? So we pay for the ticket?

Believing that Jesus died, was buried and was resurrected from the heart.

Imagine standing there with four other people and you are desiring too get into the kingdom gates, and you all have just died. You have an Angel, Peter, or Jesus there asking you why should you come in here?

Considering everything in the Bible you put it in a pot and melt it down the only thing that remains is the Gospel. It’s not really based on the teachings of Jesus (which are important) and are used to increase ones faith.

The Bible says the Gospel of Christ is the power of God unto Slavation.

Many may say I never sinned.
Many may they believed in God and believed Jesus was a good man and good teacher.
Many may say I did this and that and this for you.

What would you think one would say to get in the kingdom?

My response would be I believed that Jesus died, buried and was resurrected, he did everything that I couldn’t and I placed my faith on him, or you if Jesus was standing there.

Imagine standing there with four other people and you are desiring too get into the kingdom gates, and you all have just died. You have an Angel, Peter, or Jesus there asking you why should you come in here?

Considering everything in the Bible you put it in a pot and melt it down the only thing that remains is the Gospel. It’s not really based on the teachings of Jesus (which are important) and are used to increase ones faith.

Many may they believed in God and believed Jesus was a good man and good teacher.

My response would be I believed that Jesus died, buried and was resurrected, he did everything that I couldn’t and I placed my faith on him, or you if Jesus was standing there.

Nah— the Owner sends His son with the good news that there is no cost to enter the stadium and this upsets the mafia ticket sellers who’ve been profiting for years by charging.

They kill the Owner’s son and tell everyone it was His plan the whole time and they go right back to selling tickets.

Mr. E would severely have to disagree.

Salvation is found by and through faith on the Gospel of Christ, his death, burial and especially resurrection.

Resurrection is where a person is raised to new life, and that is where one can be in the rest that Jesus gives.

“And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us; for after saying, “This is the covenant that I will make with them After those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws upon their heart, And on their mind I will write them,” He then says, “And their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” Now where there is forgiveness of these things, there is no longer any offering for sin. Therefore, brethren, since we have confidence to enter the holy place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He inaugurated for us through the veil, that is, His flesh, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful; and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭10:15-25‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep; then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles; and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also. For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me. Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15:1-11‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Paul, a bond-servant of Christ Jesus, called as an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, which He promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures, concerning His Son, who was born of a descendant of David according to the flesh, who was declared the Son of God with power by the resurrection from the dead, according to the Spirit of holiness, Jesus Christ our Lord, through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name’s sake, among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ; to all who are beloved of God in Rome, called as saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, because your faith is being proclaimed throughout the whole world. For God, whom I serve in my spirit in the preaching of the gospel of His Son, is my witness as to how unceasingly I make mention of you, always in my prayers making request, if perhaps now at last by the will of God I may succeed in coming to you. For I long to see you so that I may impart some spiritual gift to you, that you may be established; that is, that I may be encouraged together with you while among you, each of us by the other’s faith, both yours and mine. I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that often I have planned to come to you (and have been prevented so far) so that I may obtain some fruit among you also, even as among the rest of the Gentiles. I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish. So, for my part, I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, “But the righteous man shall live by faith.””
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:1-17‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Of course; Mr. E unbelief has its consequences. Loss of heavenly treasure above and outside of the kingdom.

Last edited by a moderator:

Like you, I would put my faith and trust in Jesus and when they opened my life's record, there would be Jesus' record. I would be counted as standing before God as if I had never sinned.

In the end, our silly little theories on inconsequential theological conjectures won't matter. All that will matter is Jesus' imputed righteousness upon us.

I attended a baseball game last summer and stood in line to enter the stadium. The man in front of me was decked out in all of the local team's regalia, jersey, hat, sunglasses with the mascot imprinted on it and he was clutching a program and a giant number one foam hand with its pointer finger extended. I, on the other hand, merely had on a white T-shirt shorts flip-flops and a generic hat. When we arrived at the gate, the man realized he’d forgotten his ticket.

The poor guy with all the accouterments, paraphernalia, and team jersey couldn’t gain admission but I, with my simple ticket did.

If the big game is eternal life in God's Kingdom. What is a simple ticket? Forget all the complex theological terms for a moment, the post-that, and pre-this, the modalist, the millennialist, etc.

What is the ticket that gets us into the Big Game where all truth will finally be revealed?
To trust that no god but YHWH can, and will, provide what is needed.

With the passing of the years I’m uncertain now whether this was read at my commencement service when I graduated or was delivered at some other commencement service. The commencement speaker went on to quote the next verse in his address to the graduating class but, for my purpose here, I won’t.

“But how can people call on him if they have not believed in him? How can they believe in him if they have not heard his message? How can they hear if no one tells the Good News?”

(Romans 10:14, NOG)

Bold is mine. In order to believe in the Messiah, people must first hear the message which he spoke. That’s the first step in getting into “the big game.”

A Jesus who is divorced from his message - his words, his teaching and his preaching - is “another Jesus” -> a counterfeit.

Back