• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

God Doesn't Hate Me

SteVen

I have heard so many comments about God thinking that we are despicable and unlovable.
Makes me sick.

The Calvinist term is "Total Depravity", Right?

I don't see God this way at all.
Do you?

I think he sees us as precious. He sees our value. He loves us unconditionally. We are his children.

What do you think? How do you feel about this?

/

I have heard so many comments about God thinking that we are despicable and unlovable.
Makes me sick.

Do you?

I think he sees us as precious. He sees our value. He loves us unconditionally. We are his children.

/

I see Him as a loving Father.

You're welcome to your own opinion.

Tell us about your god of hate.

/
My God is a consuming fire. You can read about Him in your bible.
And form your own opinion of Him.

Makes me sick.

Do you?

/
I believe language like "depravity," "filthy rags," etc., is not meant to say ANYTHING about humans but rather about God. The point being, in comparison to God's perfect holiness and other attributes of perfection, anything less misses by miles. Most people would say my golf game was "damn good," but in comparison to Tiger Woods it is indeed a filthy rag.

Your buddy Roscoe just earned my first Ignore. I just don't have the patience for this stuff anymore.

I believe language like "depravity," "filthy rags," etc., is not meant to say ANYTHING about humans but rather about God. The point being, in comparison to God's perfect holiness and other attributes of perfection, anything less misses by miles. Most people would say my golf game was "damn good," but in comparison to Tiger Woods it is indeed a filthy rag.

Your buddy Roscoe just earned my first Ignore. I just don't have the patience for this stuff anymore.

1713546933177.png

My God is a consuming fire. You can read about Him in your bible.
And form your own opinion of Him.
Sorry, but " your God" doesn't exist. The only true God showed His love for us through Jesus dying a horrible death on the Cross for our sins and by the gift of all of the people that we dearly love. Your so-called God doesn't sound like he really needs or wants followers. Your description reminds me of the billboards when I was a little boy. They depicted God as a white-haired old man with a sour look of consternation on his face and blowing the clouds around. At the bottom of the sign it read "The Beginning of Knowledge is to Fear God". What a sweet message to children who are trying to process the reality of God! Maybe you saw one of these signs every day when you were young and were influenced by the experience. I pray that you find the loving God in your Bible.

Sorry, but " your God" doesn't exist. The only true God showed His love for us through Jesus dying a horrible death on the Cross for our sins and by the gift of all of the people that we dearly love. Your so-called God doesn't sound like he really needs or wants followers. Your description reminds me of the billboards when I was a little boy. They depicted God as a white-haired old man with a sour look of consternation on his face and blowing the clouds around. At the bottom of the sign it read "The Beginning of Knowledge is to Fear God". What a sweet message to children who are trying to process the reality of God! Maybe you saw one of these signs every day when you were young and were influenced by the experience. I pray that you find the loving God in your Bible.
Thank you God, for the lake of fire. And I think your wrath is wonderful.
Especially when I see it on the children of the devils.

Back