• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Drawing near to God.

Which “God” should Christians draw near to?

With all of the competing ideas which exist even within Christianity, further investigation into the question is warranted. Let’s think about it.

Music often helps me think. It may not help everyone think. Listen or don’t to my musical selection while mulling it over.

“Now a go-between (intermediary) has to do with and implies more than one party [there can be no mediator with just one person]. Yet God is [only] one Person [and He was the sole party in giving that promise to Abraham. But the Law was a contract between two, God and Israel; its validity was dependent on both].

(Galatians 3:20, AMP)

I’m quoting from the 1987 publication, also know as the “Classic Edition” (AMPC). That’s important to know because the Lockman Foundation later had an uh-oh moment and revised the text. I’m including the link to the revised text for those who might be interested in reading the revision.

This is an example of translator bias.

My commentary on the AMPC.

Yet God [i.e. Yahweh, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel … and Jesus] is only one Person, the Father.

Back