• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Doctrine as a god - bow down before the one you serve...

Thanks.
That's a great example of divisive tribalism and doctrine as a god.

Not accepting your narrow view = Lost (in your eyes)

Your way or the highway. (to hell)

]

Any pastor who would allow the “there is no consensus, nobody knows, let’s get rid of doctrine which divides and unite” teaching to infiltrate the flock isn’t shepherding the sheep; he’s catering for the wolf.

Any pastor who would allow the “there is no consensus, nobody knows, let’s get rid of doctrine which divides and unite” teaching to infiltrate the flock isn’t shepherding the sheep; he’s catering for the wolf.
It seems to me that we are both misquoting and misunderstanding each other.

I don't hold out much hope for a remedy. We are taking different paths toward home. IMHO

]

It better for a pastor to pretend consensus exists? Put up a bold face and never admit weakness. That’s the devil in sheep’s clothing.

I don't hold out much hope for a remedy. We are taking different paths toward home. IMHO

]

It’s quite ridiculous when two Christians interact and one of them insists that everyone who sees and understands God different than the way he does is declared to be some kind of heretic.

But that’s what we are dealing with. People can (and should) disagree— that’s real. Everything else is pretense. Manufactured agreement. One thing that should be easy to agree on is that we are talking in different terms, from different perspectives, about the same God.

It’s quite ridiculous when two Christians interact and one of them insists that everyone who sees and understands God different than the way he does is declared to be some kind of heretic.
Being a heretic is WAY under-rated. - LOL

But that’s what we are dealing with. People can (and should) disagree— that’s real. Everything else is pretense. Manufactured agreement. One thing that should be easy to agree on is that we are talking in different terms, from different perspectives, about the same God.
Agree.
I'm going after that from every angle I can. (as you know)
Much to the dislike of the tribal factions. (tooth and claw)

Galatians 5:15 NET
However, if you continually bite and devour one another,[a]
beware that you are not consumed[b] by one another.

]

It doesn’t to me. I think we’ve both been clear. For my part, I appreciate your candor.

]

You’ll be able to find without much difficulty plenty of churches and Christians willing to unite with you. You can gnash your teeth to your hearts content at those who won’t.

The path is narrow. Your path is broad. You’re deceiving yourself thinking that the destination is the same.

Sound doctrine / teaching -> narrow path

Unsound doctrine / teaching -> broad path

There’s still time to change the path your on, and it can be a change from the narrow to the broad or from the broad to the narrow.

Voices beckon us from both paths.

Sound doctrine / teaching -> narrow path

Unsound doctrine / teaching -> broad path

There’s still time to change the path your on, and it can be a change from the narrow to the broad or from the broad to the narrow.

Voices beckon us from both paths.

The path is narrow. Your path is broad. You’re deceiving yourself thinking that the destination is the same.

This is true of narrow thinking. Old fashioned narrow-mindedness.

You've artificially created a path so narrow, that you are the only one on it. Only monotheistic hounds may apply. It's ridiculous.

To walk your path you've determined that all must be non-trinitarian Jewish monotheists. It's tribalism in the extreme and it's the exact problem this thread is focused on. Thanks for being an illustration. Oh-- there is still time to change the path your are on-- but first you will have to open your mind.

There are people who have no interest in finding and walking the narrow path.

There are people who are interested in finding and walking the narrow path but are either unwilling or unable to do what it takes to do it.

There are people who find and walk the narrow path for a while but, for various reasons, don’t stay on it.

There are people who find and walk the narrow path and will not depart from it.

Those who long to walk the broad path will always find and take it. The more on the broad path, the better those on the broad feel about their chosen path. With that, though, comes animosity toward those who refuse to join them. It plays out in a wide array of attitudes and actions expressed toward those on the narrow path.

I don't think the broad and narrow way have anything to do with our destination in the afterlife.

"Few there be that find it." ???

Is God making sport with our souls? A high-stakes game with our destination in the afterlife?
A puzzle with little hope of solving it?

"Oh... too bad. You were so close. Oh well, better luck next time."
"Oh, wait, there won't be a next time. Hahaha..."

/

You've artificially created a path so narrow, that you are the only one on it. Only monotheistic hounds may apply. It's ridiculous.
Wow. You nailed it!
"Our little tribe and no one else."
Heaven will be underpopulated. Just the little tribe and Jesus.
God's eternal plan from the foundations of the world. Way to go! - LOL

To walk your path you've determined that all must be non-trinitarian Jewish monotheists. It's tribalism in the extreme and it's the exact problem this thread is focused on. Thanks for being an illustration. Oh-- there is still time to change the path your are on-- but first you will have to open your mind.
Yup. There it is. ("tribalism in the extreme")

]

I don't think the broad and narrow way have anything to do with our destination in the afterlife.

Is that supposed to surprise me?

The narrow path is the way to life. The broad path is the way to destruction.

"Few there be that find it." ???

Is God making sport with our souls? A high-stakes game with our destination in the afterlife?
A puzzle with little hope of solving it?

"Oh... too bad. You were so close. Oh well, better luck next time."
"Oh, wait, there won't be a next time. Hahaha..."

/

You don’t read the Bible. The church can’t teach you. This is where that leads. You don’t know and you don’t think anyone does.

A cautionary tale.

Back