• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Dispute over Jesus Testimony

M

MatthewG

“Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world.

If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”

The Pharisees replied, “You are making those claims about yourself! Such testimony is not valid.”

Jesus told them, “These claims are valid even though I make them about myself.

For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you don’t know this about me.

You judge me by human standards, but I do not judge anyone. And if I did, my judgment would be correct in every respect because I am not alone.

The Father who sent me is with me.

Your own law says that if two people agree about something, their witness is accepted as fact.

I am one witness, and my Father who sent me is the other.” “Where is your father?” they asked.

Jesus answered, “Since you don’t know who I am, you don’t know who my Father is.

If you knew me, you would also know my Father.” Jesus made these statements while he was teaching in the section of the Temple known as the Treasury.

But he was not arrested, because his time had not yet come.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:12-20‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Dispute Over Who Jesus Is
21 Once more Jesus said to them, “I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come.”

22 This made the Jews ask, “Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, ‘Where I go, you cannot come’?”

23 But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

25 “Who are you?” they asked.

“Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied. 26 “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.”

27 They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. 28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” 30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him.

This is just more from the previous chapter shared in the first post.

The dispute over who Jesus is is resolved in scripture.

So too is Jesus’ testimony concerning who the one true God - his God - is.

Rejected and disbelieved by the world.

My testimony. Listen to and believe Jesus. His voice is trustworthy and true. The world will try to drown out, even silence, his voice. Don’t be overcome by the world. Hear and believe the words of Jesus. The words that he speaks are spirit and life.

The dispute over who Jesus is is resolved in scripture.
This is why I started a thread on the ABC's and 123's of Scripture.
Here, the bulwark against the inherently contradictory and anti-Biblical doctrine of the trinity will be presented. These ABC’s (OT) and 123’s (NT) will easily demonstrate the monotheist text of Scripture, the perspective through which one ought to view trinitarians vain attempt to impose their tri-une eisegesis interpretation.

Consider the emphatic way God communicated to Moses, by putting his commands in stone. This represents the ultimate way of clear communication in all of human history. By contrast, trinitarian’s sad attempt to read contradictory doctrine into monotheist text is ridiculous and cannot hold up to scrutiny. This is why they disregard what follows.

ABC’s (OT)
Only YHWH is God.
o Deut 6:4 (NOG). Listen, Israel: Yahweh is our Elohim. Yahweh is the only God.
YHWH is God’s only and eternal name – for all generations.
o Ex 3:15 (NLT). Yahweh, the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you. This is my eternal name,
my name to remember for all generations.
1C, You shall have no other gods but YHWH – including the trinity god.
o Ex 20:3 (NLT) You must not have any other god but me.

123’s (NT)
All the Gospels proclaim Jesus is God’s Anointed. None claim Jesus is YHWH incarnate.
o Matthew 1:1 (VOICE) This is the family history, the genealogy, of Jesus the Anointed, the coming King.
o Mark 1:1 (VOICE). This is the beginning of the good news of Jesus, the Anointed One, the Liberating King, the Son of God.
o Luke 1:4 I want you to know that you can fully rely on the things you have been taught about Jesus, God’s Anointed One.
o John 20:31 (VOICE). These accounts are recorded so that you, too, might believe that Jesus is the Anointed, the Liberating King, the Son of God, because believing grants you the life He came to share.
God made Jesus and gave Jesus authority – but not over God, Himself.
o Acts 2:36 (CEV). God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ
o 1 Corinthians 15:27 “God has put all things under his authority.”[a] (Of course, when it says “all things are under his authority,” that does not include God himself, who gave Christ his authority.
• Jesus has a God, who we relate to as Father, who is the only true God.
o John 17:1-3 (NLT) Father … And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God.
o John 20:17 ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
The resurrected Jesus, sitting on God’s throne in heaven is STILL not God.
o Rev 1:1 (NLT). This is a revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him.
o Rev 3:12. Jesus invokes his God 4 times in 1 sentence.

Back