• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

DECONSTRUCTION - re-evaluating your beliefs

There is a movement that some identify as deconstructionist and some choose to see it as destructive rather than simply a close examination of parts like a watchmaker might undertake in order to fix a timepiece. He first deconstructs. He isn’t wrecking the watch— he’s repairing it.
Good points, thanks.
Christians are so famous for over-reacting to anything that they aren't familiar with.
I get this on Christian Universalism all the time. "What! Everyone goes to heaven no matter what? !!!"

And frankly, many deconstructionists end up leaving Christianity. So, caution is in order. But...

- Should we NEVER question our faith?
- Are reasonable questions with biblical answers okay?
- Is it okay to ask the really tough questions?
- Are there questions that would offend our brothers and sisters of the faith?
- Should we be concerned about easily offending folks when we need answers?
- What sort of questions are out-of-bounds for a Christian to ask?
- Should a Christian pull away from church to seek answers?
- Should a Christian leave the church all together if they can no longer cope?

Deconstruction: How far is too far?

/

This is what you do; you do laps on ground already covered. Deconstruction is NOT merely questioning your faith. It is a pathway of Satan to attack the faith. Educate yourself and stop trivializing evil.
I don't appreciate your false accusations.

How would you answer these questions?

- Should we NEVER question our faith?
- Are reasonable questions with biblical answers okay?
- Is it okay to ask the really tough questions?
- Are there questions that would offend our brothers and sisters of the faith?
- Should we be concerned about easily offending folks when we need answers?
- What sort of questions are out-of-bounds for a Christian to ask?
- Should a Christian pull away from church to seek answers?
- Should a Christian leave the church all together if they can no longer cope?

/

I don't appreciate your false accusations.

How would you answer these questions?
Nothing false about it. Anyone reading this thread can see you doing laps. This is the 3rd time you've equated deconstruction with questions of the faith.

I take it you did not even watch the video since you responded faster than the length of the vid. I made my point and will leave the thread.

Nothing false about it. Anyone reading this thread can see you doing laps. This is the 3rd time you've equated deconstruction with questions of the faith.
Doing laps? What are you talking about?
Answer my questions!

I take it you did not even watch the video since you responded faster than the length of the vid. I made my point and will leave the thread.
I was watching it. I'm in the middle of it. But maybe I will stop since you have no interest in being helpful.
Do I have to put you on IGNORE to get you to stop abusing me?

/

Now I have watched the whole video.

If you want to talk to me about this, you need to EARN the right to be heard.

/

Back