• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Billboard #1 conspiracy

J

jaybird88

me and my wife were watching some old music videos from back in the day, the fast times at ridgmont high was playing, GO Gos we got the beat. And I am thinking to myself, the GO Gos were pretty cool, then im thiknking how many #1s did they have, one? Two? Maybe three? Nope, the answer would be ZERO?? how can the Go Gos not have one #1 hit? They were the hippest girl band of the 80s. Journy is another band that never had a #1, yes, broken wings never made it to the top, insanity! So I went back to around that time and found a few other #1 songs

chariots of fire – you remember that song right? Ok you probably dont, look it up on UT and then you will be like “ohhh that one” it was buy that guy that no one ever heard of that no one remembers his name. I dont remember anyone ever calling the radio station to play this song, I dont remember anyone having this single in their home, but, it was a #1 hit?

I cant go for that, Hall and Oats – nothing wrong with this song, even though I often wonder if D Hall (or was it Oats? Whichever one was the lead) was really a women, its a good tune, but your telling me this song is better than we got the beat or dont stop believing? I dont think so, or should I say “I cant go for that”

lets not forget Franke and the knockouts hitting it big with “sweetheart”, you remember those guys, you mention their name and everyone goes “who?”

and another interesting thing I dug up while looking into this "Jack & Diane" by John Cougar, if you were a kid or teen in the 80s you know how big this song was, it was so huge, and it was a #1, but it only held the spot for four weeks. Compare that to:

"phisical" olivia Newton John – 9 weeks

"centerfold" J geils band – 6 weeks

these are awesome songs, but are they better than Jack and Dianne? Not a chanc. so anyway I think something is up with the way they rank these songs, something just aint right

me and my wife were watching some old music videos from back in the day, the fast times at ridgmont high was playing, GO Gos we got the beat. And I am thinking to myself, the GO Gos were pretty cool, then im thiknking how many #1s did they have, one? Two? Maybe three? Nope, the answer would be ZERO?? how can the Go Gos not have one #1 hit? They were the hippest girl band of the 80s. Journy is another band that never had a #1, yes, broken wings never made it to the top, insanity! So I went back to around that time and found a few other #1 songs

chariots of fire – you remember that song right? Ok you probably dont, look it up on UT and then you will be like “ohhh that one” it was buy that guy that no one ever heard of that no one remembers his name. I dont remember anyone ever calling the radio station to play this song, I dont remember anyone having this single in their home, but, it was a #1 hit?

I cant go for that, Hall and Oats – nothing wrong with this song, even though I often wonder if D Hall (or was it Oats? Whichever one was the lead) was really a women, its a good tune, but your telling me this song is better than we got the beat or dont stop believing? I dont think so, or should I say “I cant go for that”

lets not forget Franke and the knockouts hitting it big with “sweetheart”, you remember those guys, you mention their name and everyone goes “who?”

and another interesting thing I dug up while looking into this "Jack & Diane" by John Cougar, if you were a kid or teen in the 80s you know how big this song was, it was so huge, and it was a #1, but it only held the spot for four weeks. Compare that to:

"phisical" olivia Newton John – 9 weeks

"centerfold" J geils band – 6 weeks

these are awesome songs, but are they better than Jack and Dianne? Not a chanc. so anyway I think something is up with the way they rank these songs, something just aint right
I think you're on to something bro.

Back