• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Baptism

C

CherubRam

Acts 8:16
because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 10:48
So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

Acts 19:5
On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Romans 6:3
Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Galatians 3:27
for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

The Holy Spirit Baptism was a special baptism for the congregational leaders.

The Holy Spirit Baptism is a parable that means they will be immersed by the Spirit of God. People did not baptize in the name of the Holy Spirit until after the third century AD.

Matthew 3:11
“I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Mark 1:8
I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”

Luke 3:16
John answered them all, “I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

John 1:33
And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’

Acts 1:5
For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8:16
because the Holy Spirit had not yet come on any of them; they had simply been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Acts 10:47
“Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.”

Acts 11:16
Then I remembered what the Lord had said: ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’

1 Corinthians 12:13
For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Every Christian is baptized in holy spirit.
The Holy Spirit Baptism is a parable that means they will be immersed by the Spirit of God. People did not baptize in the name of the Holy Spirit until after the third century AD.
Being baptized in holy spirit is not a parable.

In regards to these comments, disregard.

I meant to say that it wasn't until the third century did people began to baptize using the Matthew 28:19 Trinity formula.

And He saith unto them,
Ye shall drink indeed of My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with:
but to sit on My right hand, and on My left, is not Mine to give,
but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of My Father.

Matthew 20:23

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;
but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:16

And He saith unto them,
Ye shall drink indeed of My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with:
but to sit on My right hand, and on My left, is not Mine to give,
but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of My Father.

Matthew 20:23

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;
but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:16
Where are you coming from? Lol

Where are you coming from? Lol

Zion.

Someone once asked me why a person was walking backwards. I replied that the person wanted to see where they were coming from. Lol
Remember Lot's wife.

And Jesus said unto him,
No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Luke 9:62

Thank you, Ram.
But back to topic.
I understand that there are three forms of Baptism.
In word, in water, and in spirit.

When Jesus commanded us to "teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and in the name of the Son, and in the name of the Holy Ghost",
I believe He meant we should immerse them in Their words.

Baptism in the name of the Father is speaking the commandments.
baptism in the name of the Son is speaking Jesus' sayings,
and baptism in the name of the Holy Ghost is speaking what the Spirit has told us.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.
Amen.

Matthew 28:19-20

Zion.

Remember Lot's wife.

And Jesus said unto him,
No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Luke 9:62

Thank you, Ram.
But back to topic.
I understand that there are three forms of Baptism.
In word, in water, and in spirit.

When Jesus commanded us to "teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and in the name of the Son, and in the name of the Holy Ghost",
I believe He meant we should immerse them in Their words.

Baptism in the name of the Father is speaking the commandments.
baptism in the name of the Son is speaking Jesus' sayings,
and baptism in the name of the Holy Ghost is speaking what the Spirit has told us.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.
Amen.

Matthew 28:19-20

Matt 28
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations in my name, 20 teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

1 John 5
6 This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

Footnotes​

1 John 5:8 Late manuscripts of the Vulgate testify in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one. 8 And there are three that testify on earth: the (not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

The words,

word, water, spirit, blood, bread, meat, flesh

all start becoming interchangeable, and context of use becomes important.

Our word is our flesh,
like God's word is Jesus' flesh.
And since the life of the flesh is the blood,
and the life of words and sayings is their meaning.
Therefore the blood is the meanings implied by the deliverer of the words, the meat being offered up.
Hence Jesus' blood is His meanings, for God's words.

And He gives it in the mount.
Which is the baptism with which Jesus was baptized with.

This is the portion of the anointing of Aaron, and of the anointing of his sons,
out of the offerings of the Lord made by fire,
in the day when He presented them to minister unto the Lord in the priest's office;
Which the Lord commanded to be given them of the children of Israel, in the day that He anointed them,
by a statute for ever throughout their generations.

Leviticus 7:35-36

And the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you,
and ye need not that any man teach you:
but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie,
and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

1 John 2:27

Last edited by a moderator:
Speak for yourself.
I do.
But don't eat my flesh. Don't drink my blood.

But do part them, and pour oil upon them. :)
They are meat offerings.

Thou shalt part it in pieces, and pour oil thereon:
it is a meat offering.

Leviticus 2:6

Back