• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

American Black Nightshade and Reincarnation--- huh?

Right.

John 12:24 NIV
Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies,
it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

]

I'm a little late getting after it, but I'm about ready to put my garden seeds in. For the last two years, I've grown these big, delicious watermelons that I've been so pleased with. The first year I was shocked to see these things grow to massive size-- some 18" long and they were so sweet, juicy and good! I saved some of the seed from this first generation and those were the seeds I planted last spring, with the same wonderful results, so once again-- I saved some seed from the very first melons that grew and preserved them for this season.

I couldn't help but think in terms of first fruits and re-generation.

Like spiritual genetics.

]

Yes-- and more.

There is a reason that he used the example he did, and doing so established a principle by making this distinct association-- that of a seed, dying, and yet through that process bringing life anew.

Too many people have a false concept of some kind of 'one and done' God-- whether they attribute that to Adam, or Jesus, Abraham, or Moses.

It's not like that. Jesus is pointing back to the garden. To the beginning, and that's where his example comes from.

There is a reason that he used the example he did, and doing so established a principle by making this distinct association-- that of a seed, dying, and yet through that process bringing life anew.
Reminded me of this.

Galatians 2:20 NIV
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.
The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

]

Christians have no trouble identifying with the concept of the seed, that Jesus used to illustrate the death of physical body as merely the shell or husk that contains the life that is in the seed. We bury dead bodies in the ground, it's natural and normal. What is resurrected is not that same seed, but new life that springs from that seemingly dead seed. It's interesting to me that when speaking of an actual dead person, Jesus says of her--"she is not dead, but asleep" -and that is the case from the spiritual perspective. Physical death is not a permanent condition from the spiritual perspective-- it's the equivalent of falling asleep. Laid to rest, we even say.

Understanding this principle, many folks are shocked when a conversation turns to awakening from this period of rest, to live again-- though that is the entire premise, and promise-- of that seed we bury. We count on it bringing a new season of life.

Cremation is quite popular now, Does that cause a problem with the seed idea?

/

None. In fact some seeds are only released by fire. The concept is the same. The decay or destruction of the outer (Death) giving rise to the inner (Life).

The parable itself points directly at Genesis and our beginning. 'Planted in a garden' -- a seed placed in the earth, in the soil-- where it grows and then springs to life anew. It's even more direct than that, having our knowledge of both agriculture and human biology. A man sticks his plow blade into the fertile soil and places his seed in the furrow. Don't make me draw pictures.

This is all clear enough. But what about the next season, and season after season. How does the process continue--? Life after death. New life, that comes from a spent seed....? Scripture does the illustrating for us.

This is all clear enough. But what about the next season, and season after season. How does the process continue--? Life after death. New life, that comes from a spent seed....? Scripture does the illustrating for us.
Yes.

1 Peter 1:23 KJV
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible,
by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

]

Yes.

1 Peter 1:23 KJV
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible,
by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

]

Right. Great. Yes, there are two kinds of seed. One corruptible (mortal) that lives and dies, and one incorrubtible (eternal) that lives and remains forever.

Jesus explains the difference in detail.... Matthew 13:24-30

He presented them with another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a person who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, an enemy came and sowed darnel among the wheat and went away. When the plants sprouted and produced grain, then the darnel also appeared. So the slaves of the landowner came and said to him, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Then where did the darnel come from?’ He said, ‘An enemy has done this!’ So the slaves replied, ‘Do you want us to go and gather it?’ But he said, ‘No, since in gathering the darnel you may uproot the wheat along with it. Let both grow together until the harvest. At harvest time I will tell the reapers, “First collect the darnel and tie it in bundles to be burned, but then gather he wheat into my barn.”’”

Then he went into a deeper dive, just for his disciples.... explaining also, the concept that some think of as hell>>>

“The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world and the good seed are the people of the kingdom. The poisonous weeds are the people of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels. As the poisonous weeds are collected and burned with fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather from his kingdom everything that causes sin as well as all lawbreakers. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. The one who has ears had better listen!"

These are the words of Christ....

The field is the world---- it's physical.

The poisonous seeds are sown in the world, by the devil.

At the end of the age, the weeds are collected by angels and burned with fire.

What about the good seeds? Those 'incorruptible' ones? The 'people of the kingdom' that were sown in the world?

First of all-- the good seed/people are 'of the kingdom' which means that's where they came from.... these are heavenly, from the kingdom of God- spiritual and they descend and become flesh-- living in tents, human host, jars of clay, mortal flesh, just as the poisonous "seed" is spiritual, also planted in the same soil (man).

The seed (both) is spiritual, planted into the physical soil (world) which is human flesh.

Secondly-- the good seed, at the end of the age- returns to that heavenly kingdom of their Father, from where they were sent.

Back