• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Who is the Spirit?

C

CherubRam

Genesis 1:2
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Exodus 31:3
and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills—

Exodus 35:31
and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills—

Numbers 11:17
I will come down and speak with you there, and I will take some of the power of the Spirit that is on you and put it on them. They will share the burden of the people with you so that you will not have to carry it alone.

Numbers 11:25
Then the Lord came down in the cloud and spoke with him, and he took some of the power of the Spirit that was on him and put it on the seventy elders. When the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied—but did not do so again.

John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Leviticus 24:16
anyone who blasphemes the name Yahwah is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.

Numbers 15:30
“‘But anyone who sins defiantly, whether native-born or foreigner, blasphemes Yahwah and must be cut off from the people of Israel.

Matthew 12:31
And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Matthew 12:32
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Luke 12:10
And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

John 15:26
“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

Acts 1:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

1 John 4:6
We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, (Father) his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Psalm 31:5
Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Yahwah God of truth.

Isaiah 65:16
That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

Anyone who blasphemes Yahwah will not be forgiven.

Is the Holy Spirit a manifestation of Yahwah, or is there another person?

1 Corinthians 12:7
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit with.

Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills—

and he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills—

I will come down and speak with you there, and I will take some of the power of the Spirit that is on you and put it on them. They will share the burden of the people with you so that you will not have to carry it alone.

Then the Lord came down in the cloud and spoke with him, and he took some of the power of the Spirit that was on him and put it on the seventy elders. When the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied—but did not do so again.

anyone who blasphemes the name Yahwah is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.

“‘But anyone who sins defiantly, whether native-born or foreigner, blasphemes Yahwah and must be cut off from the people of Israel.

And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

“When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me.

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of falsehood.

He is the Rock, (Father) his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Yahwah God of truth.

That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

You are talking about God's Spirit.

There are other spirits too.

'Spirit' has a few essential meanings and definitions of itself, but is also a complex subject as far as its nature, form and function. This is even shown in various scriptures if using just the Bible for context. (the Bible however does not contain the whole or finality of truth, since the infinite is every unfolding itself and revelation is progressive).

We know 'God' is ONE, but there are many spirits of 'God' and 'God' is the Father of spirits, so there are obviously many spirits, of untold number and kind. Without getting into the complexity of the Trinity doctrine, we see that One Prime Creator is the Source and Father of all spirits. 'God' is ONE, yet includes and generates the MANY within the whole of Creation. One Universal Mind and Spirit upholds, sustains and governs the whole of the cosmos (as the Universal Father-Mother of all), but many spirits and spirit-ministries, functions, manifestations are operating in the COSMOS. - we could go further....but thats enough to simmer on ;)

-------------------o

@CherubRam ..

A spirit can be defined with these common characteristics:

1. A spirit is an invisible inner dimensional breath or wind force of intelligent energy generated and sustained by our Creator, the Spirit of YHWH
2. There are many formed by the source of all spirits, of our Creator the Spirit of YHWH.
3. Each spirit has a specific function and purpose.
4. Major spirits are designed to become as life-giving attachments, to be intrinsic and part of a living being or person for its given purpose.
5. Some spirits are designed to supplement these major life-giving spirits to enhance and add more function(s) of functionality.

I can add examples if you wish...

So the question should be, what is (the) spirit and not who, as they are not actually persons although persons use them and live with them. We cannot go without at least one...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
@CherubRam ..

A spirit can be defined with these common characteristics:

1. A spirit is an invisible inner dimensional breath or wind force of intelligent energy generated and sustained by our Creator, the Spirit of YHWH
2. There are many formed by the source of all spirits, of our Creator the Spirit of YHWH.
3. Each spirit has a specific function and purpose.
4. Major spirits are designed to become as life-giving attachments, to be intrinsic and part of a living being or person for its given purpose.
5. Some spirits are designed to supplement these major life-giving spirits to enhance and add more function(s) of functionality.

I can add examples if you wish...

So the question should be, what is (the) spirit and not who, as they are not actually persons although persons use them and live with them. We cannot go without at least one...lol
Spirit is the nature of a person, place, or thing. The Hebrew language lacks sophistication, and uses breath and wind to describe the unseen force of a being.

Spirit is the nature of a person, place, or thing. The Hebrew language lacks sophistication, and uses breath and wind to describe the unseen force of a being.
I agree that a type of spirit can give life to a person and becomes then their nature, as I also implicitly already defined. I do not understand when you say that a place or thing are also spirits. When I hear of a spirit is in say a rock, I assume they mean it is attached to the rock on a temporary basis. The same goes for a spirit in a particular location. These are travelling or transient unattached spirits.

Now if you are attempting to say that in any inanimate object there is a specific spirit within it, I do not call it a spirit at all. This would be a lifeless or dead spirit.

I agree that a type of spirit can give life to a person and becomes then their nature, as I also implicitly already defined. I do not understand when you say that a place or thing are also spirits. When I hear of a spirit is in say a rock, I assume they mean it is attached to the rock on a temporary basis. The same goes for a spirit in a particular location. These are travelling or transient unattached spirits.

Now if you are attempting to say that in any inanimate object there is a specific spirit within it, I do not call it a spirit at all. This would be a lifeless or dead spirit.
Saying that a place or thing has a spirit is obviously wrong. Again, lacking sophistication; ancient people would use that term to describe things they did not understand.

Back