• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

What are your thoughts on the firstborns? 6 Scriptures

M

MatthewG

Exodus 13:2

New Living Translation​

2 “Dedicate to me every firstborn among the Israelites. The first offspring to be born, of both humans and animals, belongs to me.”​

Exodus 34:19​

New Living Translation​

19 “The firstborn of every animal belongs to me, including the firstborn males[a] from your herds of cattle and your flocks of sheep and goats.

Leviticus 27:26​

New Living Translation​

26 “You may not dedicate a firstborn animal to the Lord, for the firstborn of your cattle, sheep, and goats already belong to him.

Numbers 3:13​

New Living Translation​

13 for all the firstborn males are mine. On the day I struck down all the firstborn sons of the Egyptians, I set apart for myself all the firstborn in Israel, both of people and of animals. They are mine; I am the LORD.”

Deuteronomy 21:17​

New Living Translation​

17 He must recognize the rights of his oldest son, the son of the wife he does not love, by giving him a double portion. He is the first son of his father’s virility, and the rights of the firstborn belong to him.

Nehemiah 10:36​

New Living Translation​

36 We agree to give God our oldest sons and the firstborn of all our herds and flocks, as prescribed in the Law. We will present them to the priests who minister in the Temple of our God.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exodus 13:2​

New Living Translation​

2 “Dedicate to me every firstborn among the Israelites. The first offspring to be born, of both humans and animals, belongs to me.”​

New Living Translation​

19 “The firstborn of every animal belongs to me, including the firstborn males[a] from your herds of cattle and your flocks of sheep and goats.​

New Living Translation​

26 “You may not dedicate a firstborn animal to the Lord, for the firstborn of your cattle, sheep, and goats already belong to him.​

New Living Translation​

13 for all the firstborn males are mine. On the day I struck down all the firstborn sons of the Egyptians, I set apart for myself all the firstborn in Israel, both of people and of animals. They are mine; I am the LORD.”​

New Living Translation​

17 He must recognize the rights of his oldest son, the son of the wife he does not love, by giving him a double portion. He is the first son of his father’s virility, and the rights of the firstborn belong to him.​

New Living Translation​

36 We agree to give God our oldest sons and the firstborn of all our herds and flocks, as prescribed in the Law. We will present them to the priests who minister in the Temple of our God.​

We aren't Jews, and we aren't living in the Old Testament.

Would you suggest we are living in the new testament then, also Shroom?

Would agree with that for sure. The whole world seems to be in this state of grace and will forever be. Which is interesting. The whole world is in the state of Grace because of what the Lord Jesus Christ did to pay for all of mankind sin.

Taking away the Anger of God; by having died a death that was justifiable towards all of mankind, that those who decide and make the choice to accept the Gospel of Christ - by faith through the promises in which are found in the bible that those who died with Christ, are risen again and see the whole world in a new light and in a new way.

Walking in the spirit of Christ being justified by the death of Christ by the grace of God having been made right with God. Those who remain faithless rejecting the Gospel do not have this idea of the newness of relationship with the Father.

These are some of my insights on what you suggest which is true.

Exodus 13:2​

New Living Translation​

New Living Translation​

19 “The firstborn of every animal belongs to me, including the firstborn males[a] from your herds of cattle and your flocks of sheep and goats.

New Living Translation​

26 “You may not dedicate a firstborn animal to the Lord, for the firstborn of your cattle, sheep, and goats already belong to him.

New Living Translation​

13 for all the firstborn males are mine. On the day I struck down all the firstborn sons of the Egyptians, I set apart for myself all the firstborn in Israel, both of people and of animals. They are mine; I am the LORD.”

New Living Translation​

17 He must recognize the rights of his oldest son, the son of the wife he does not love, by giving him a double portion. He is the first son of his father’s virility, and the rights of the firstborn belong to him.

New Living Translation​

36 We agree to give God our oldest sons and the firstborn of all our herds and flocks, as prescribed in the Law. We will present them to the priests who minister in the Temple of our God.

Ex 13:2 NLT

Ex 13:2

Ex 13:2 NASB

testing reftagger

Would agree with that for sure. The whole world seems to be in this state of grace and will forever be.
This age of grace will end with the rapture of the Christian church. Then comes the trib, which will not be pleasant.

Which is interesting. The whole world is in the state of Grace because of what the Lord Jesus Christ did to pay for all of mankind sin.
People must choose to believe.

Taking away the Anger of God; by having died a death that was justifiable towards all of mankind, that those who decide and make the choice to accept the Gospel of Christ - by faith through the promises in which are found in the bible that those who died with Christ, are risen again and see the whole world in a new light and in a new way.
That will happen in the future.

Walking in the spirit of Christ being justified by the death of Christ by the grace of God having been made right with God. Those who remain faithless rejecting the Gospel do not have this idea of the newness of relationship with the Father.
Also, the unsaved will be destroyed in the lake of fire.

These are some of my insights on what you suggest which is true.
Where do they come from?

Interesting Mr E.
I was just wondering why your scripture references weren’t linking. It may be because of the large font/bold text.

If you just type Exodus 13:2 (for example) and your preferred version it will link automatically. The default is KJV at PJ’s request.

i.e. Numbers 3:13 NLT

Chapter 13 gives the precedent for redeeming the firstborn.

Exodus 13 ESV
(11) “When the LORD brings you into the land of the Canaanites, as he swore to you and your fathers, and shall give it to you,
(12) you shall set apart to the LORD all that first opens the womb. All the firstborn of your animals that are males shall be the LORD's.
(13) Every firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb, or if you will not redeem it you shall break its neck. Every firstborn of man among your sons you shall redeem.
(14) And when in time to come your son asks you, ‘What does this mean?’ you shall say to him, ‘By a strong hand the LORD brought us out of Egypt, from the house of slavery.
(15) For when Pharaoh stubbornly refused to let us go, the LORD killed all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man and the firstborn of animals. Therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all the males that first open the womb, but all the firstborn of my sons I redeem.’
(16) It shall be as a mark on your hand or frontlets between your eyes, for by a strong hand the LORD brought us out of Egypt.”

Back