• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

WHAT ACTS 1:5 REALLY MEANS ?

D

daniel perez

Acts 1:5 reads , for John indeed BAPTIZED ( with ) WATER , but you will be BAPTIZED with HOLY SPIRIT not many of these days after .

#1 John is in the NOMINATIVE CASE and is the subject of this verse .

#2 And John did BAPTIZE / BAPTIZO and the AORIST TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and is in the SINGULAR as John was the only one at that time WATER BAPTIZING ,

#3 The Greek WITH WATER / HYDOR is in the DATIVE CASE and SINGULAR ,and the DATIVE CASE means , in the interest of edification .

#4 The Greek words WILL BE or SHALL BE BAPTIZED / is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE , and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and is PLURAL .

The reason is in the FUTURE TENSE is because Israel will SET ASIDE as written in 2 Cor 3:10-15 and in Isa 6:1018 and there are many more verses that say the same thing .

The PASSIVE VOICE means it is Christ through Peter using the KEYS to the KINGDOM of HEAVEN in Acts 2:38 .

And the INDICATIVE MOOD means Acts 1:5 is a FACT .

#5 John's BAPTISIM is a wet BAPTISM .

#6 The HOLY SPIRIT BSPTISM , is a DRY BAPTISM , and another example is 1 Cor 10:2 , as Israel walked across the RED SEA and those Egyptians THAT followed were the ONE that were BAPTIZED , IMMERSED and SUBMERGED in the RED SEA .

what say you ?

dan p

Made me think of...

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God,
I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh:
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
And on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days of My Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Acts 2:17-18

Back