• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Trust v Love

Wrangler

Site Supporter
This is a shout out to @MattthewG.

I believe the word agape was incorrectly translated. It should be compassion not love. We love virtue, starting with trustworthiness. I love those who I can trust. Those who I cannot trust, I can still have compassion. A few examples:

President Joe Biden lost his son not too many years ago. Nancy Pelosi's husband was assaulted even more recently. I have compassion for these weasles who I would not extend one little bit of trust.

So, I believe Christ's command is that we are to have compassion for one another. And this begs the question of can it be otherwise? How can you love what you do not trust? And I believe this is the heart of the matter regarding faith, which synonym is trust. Do you trust God? Do you love God? This is why the expression exists, I believe and want to know your thoughts:
Trust in God
All others must have data.

This is a shout out to @MattthewG.

I believe the word agape was incorrectly translated. It should be compassion not love. We love virtue, starting with trustworthiness. I love those who I can trust. Those who I cannot trust, I can still have compassion. A few examples:

President Joe Biden lost his son not too many years ago. Nancy Pelosi's husband was assaulted even more recently. I have compassion for these weasles who I would not extend one little bit of trust.

So, I believe Christ's command is that we are to have compassion for one another. And this begs the question of can it be otherwise? How can you love what you do not trust? And I believe this is the heart of the matter regarding faith, which synonym is trust. Do you trust God? Do you love God? This is why the expression exists, I believe and want to know your thoughts:
Trust in God
All others must have data.

I'm hoping he will make his way back here at some point...

While there is hope, there's still a future.

Back