• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Thread 42-- the answer to everything.

M

Mr E

1640901360111.png

What was the question?

The number 42 is, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything," calculated by an enormous supercomputer named Deep Thought over a period of 7.5 million years.

I think that a lot of us have forgotten what the question was.... or have simply stopped asking questions altogether, thinking that we already know the answers to everything. Sad state indeed. When we cease being curious, we cease learning. When we stop exploring, we stop discovering.

So this is a new question and answer section. Got something on your mind? Ask and keep asking. Knock and keep knocking. Seek and ye shall find.

View attachment 452

What was the question?

The number 42 is, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything," calculated by an enormous supercomputer named Deep Thought over a period of 7.5 million years.

I think that a lot of us have forgotten what the question was.... or have simply stopped asking questions altogether, thinking that we already know the answers to everything. Sad state indeed. When we cease being curious, we cease learning. When we stop exploring, we stop discovering.

So this is a new question and answer section. Got something on your mind? Ask and keep asking. Knock and keep knocking. Seek and ye shall find.
I thought GT had the answer to everything.

View attachment 452

What was the question?

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as to God's last message to humanity in those books. That was too good.

So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; from David to the deportation to Babylon, fourteen generations; and from the deportation to Babylon to the Messiah, fourteen generations.

14 + 14 + 14 = 42

Every government worker knows that File 13 is the ultimate answer to most everything. Most internet discussion moderators make prodigious use of File 13.

Back