• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Truth Of Becoming Unbelieving

M

MatthewG

(Please be encouraged to read this out loud to yourself and consider what is said.)

There are many Christians who believe that it would ever been impossible to give up faith. There is scripture to support this of course, the idea also of the use of "Sovereign God" does what He wants, and there is nothing a person can do against what God has done. Do not get me wrong, I believe there are aspects of God, in which He does things according to His Will, and His Purposes. However to violate free-will, is not in Gods nature at all in my best estimation. To violate a persons free-will, would mean that God forces, and if God forces how can that be loving?

Therefore because of this understanding (that may be wrong to you), there are people in this life, who are taught that anything is possible with God. Now I do not doubt that this is true, however there are some exceptions to the principle. Everything that God promises, such as a barren woman given birth such as Elizabeth sticks with the context of the scripture provided. Promises of resurrection, Promises of restoration in the soul (mind/will/emotions) of someone being born again., things like this absolutely.

To say that God will do anything He wants, also violates His very own free-will. Imagine a person who mother or father is dying, and a preacher tells them if you just have enough faith they will be okay, but they die anyway. Was it the persons failure to have "enough" faith that they were not healed? Did God hear their prayers? Or was it due to not having "enough" faith that God did not hear their prayers? Whatever you decide to answer here, my thoughts are God did hear their prayer however, every one at some point in life has to move forward from this life in which they go on to the next life, which is in the Heavenly Realms, be it outside or inside of the Kingdom (resurrection of life, resurrection to condemnation).

So what does this allude to by the previous questions asked? If God did not answer their prayer of the individual and they have a love one pass away, leaves a disconnect between God and the individual, which can always lead to what scripture describes made by the writer of Hebrew whom wrote to Jewish people in there day.

What does the writer say? Here is what the Contemporary English Version of the Bible says:

Hebrews 3:12 My friends, watch out! Don't let evil thoughts or doubts make any of you turn from the living God.

Just something to consider and think about.

(Please be encouraged to read this out loud to yourself and consider what is said.)

There are many Christians who believe that it would ever been impossible to give up faith. There is scripture to support this of course, the idea also of the use of "Sovereign God" does what He wants, and there is nothing a person can do against what God has done. Do not get me wrong, I believe there are aspects of God, in which He does things according to His Will, and His Purposes. However to violate free-will, is not in Gods nature at all in my best estimation. To violate a persons free-will, would mean that God forces, and if God forces how can that be loving?

Therefore because of this understanding (that may be wrong to you), there are people in this life, who are taught that anything is possible with God. Now I do not doubt that this is true, however there are some exceptions to the principle. Everything that God promises, such as a barren woman given birth such as Elizabeth sticks with the context of the scripture provided. Promises of resurrection, Promises of restoration in the soul (mind/will/emotions) of someone being born again., things like this absolutely.

To say that God will do anything He wants, also violates His very own free-will. Imagine a person who mother or father is dying, and a preacher tells them if you just have enough faith they will be okay, but they die anyway. Was it the persons failure to have "enough" faith that they were not healed? Did God hear their prayers? Or was it due to not having "enough" faith that God did not hear their prayers? Whatever you decide to answer here, my thoughts are God did hear their prayer however, every one at some point in life has to move forward from this life in which they go on to the next life, which is in the Heavenly Realms, be it outside or inside of the Kingdom (resurrection of life, resurrection to condemnation).

So what does this allude to by the previous questions asked? If God did not answer their prayer of the individual and they have a love one pass away, leaves a disconnect between God and the individual, which can always lead to what scripture describes made by the writer of Hebrew whom wrote to Jewish people in there day.

What does the writer say? Here is what the Contemporary English Version of the Bible says:

Hebrews 3:12 My friends, watch out! Don't let evil thoughts or doubts make any of you turn from the living God.

Just something to think about.
Do you realize in this post you have contradicted yourself from one sentence to the next and sometimes in the middle of a sentence?

How am I supposed to think about something that completely contradicts itself on every point?
Something like this?

Arial said:
God did not cause the thoughts and actions of those who sent Jesus to the cross, yet He ordained that they would do as they did.

Sometimes our requests do not coincide with what God has decided.
And sometimes God changes what he has decided because of our requests:

(Hezekiah) Thus says Yahweh, Set your house in order, for you shall die; you shall not recover. Then Hezekiah turned his face to thecwall and prayed to Yahweh. . . . And before Isaiah had gone out of the middle court, the word of Yahweh came to him. Turn back and say to Hezekiah the leader of my people, Thus says Yahweh, the God of David your father: I have heard your prayer; I have seen your tears. Behold, I will heal you. . . and I will add fifteen years to your life.

There is power in prayer.

I agree God does not violate a person's free will.
Agreed.
Did God hear their prayers? Yes indeed. But we have to remember that we live in a fallen world - the whole world lies in the power of the evil one [1 John 5:19] and spiritual forces are at work. [Eph. 6:10-13]

However, I disagree with losing salvation, if that is what you are implying.

Back