• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Straight Dope on Salvation

G

Grace Accepted

I'll make this pretty quick! If you just happen to be passing by or visiting this forum and saw this post and decided to check it out, I have a lot of good news for you. Especially if you feel but you are too sinful, dirty and corrupted for God to give you a second thought.

If you've spent much time on forums like these religion can become very confusing and sound very difficult to navigate. All of the barkers along the midway of such forums are trying to capture your attention and sell you on their latest theories and formulas and critiques. Or else they're off in the tall weeds of some esoteric Doctrine quoting koine Greek and ancient Hebrew according to their definitions. You will be often told that what you're reading in the Bible does not mean what it says but instead has some other obscure meaning based on the various tense of Greek verbs or the gender of certain Greek nouns.

The truth is, Jesus brought his word to you in the Bible as it is and protected it all the way for you to read his good news and bring Salvation to your soul. Those that try to change meanings or interpret the Bible poetically are selling spiritually processed food. That's not to say that one cannot use the Greek language or the Hebrew language to clarify certain meanings but change them? Never.

The biggest problem all of us humans have is our pride and that's what inspires most theology forum postings. Pride wants to be heard and pride wants to be acknowledged, stroked and made to feel important. But it is much simpler than that. Come to the feet of Jesus in your mind and now kneel down and pray to him and confess your sins. Call on the Lord's name and cry out, “Oh, Lord Jesus, save me Hear My Cry." Do you know what will happen then on a spiritual level?

Ps 18:5-19
The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.

In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet. And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.

He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies. At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire. The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.

Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them. Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.

He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.

As you repent from your sins, Jesus will give you his righteousness, his clean hands, his pure heart. Then He will bear your sinful hands your corrupted heart and all of your unrighteousness in his body; delivering you from all of your unrighteousness and wickedness. You will be at peace with God.

You will then be free to be taught his holiness by him walking together in love rather than in fear of punishment. Don't let the enemies of God dissuade you or distract you for they surely will try. But as long as you cling to Jesus Christ like a baby kangaroo clings to the mother's chest and you will be saved and safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll make this pretty quick! If you just happen to be passing by or visiting this forum I saw this post and decided to check it out, I have a lot of good news for you. Especially if you feel but you are too sinful, dirty and corrupted for God to give you a second thought.

If you've spent much time on forums like these religion can become very confusing and sound very difficult to navigate. All of the barkers along the midway of such forums are trying to capture your attention and sell you on their latest theories and formulas and critiques. Or else they're off in the tall weeds of some esoteric Doctrine quoting koine Greek and ancient Hebrew according to their definitions. You will be off until is that what you're reading in the Bible does not mean what it says but instead has some other obscure meaning based on the ferry is tense of Greek verbs or the gender of certain Greek nouns.

The truth is, Jesus brought his word to you in the Bible as it is and protected it all the way for you to read his good news and bring Salvation to your soul. Those that try to change meanings orbi interpret the Bible poetically I'm selling spiritually processed food. That's not to say that one cannot use the Greek language or the Hebrew language to clarify certain meanings but change them? Never.

The biggest problem all of us humans have is our pride and that's what operates most theology form postings. Pride wants to be heard and pride wants to be acknowledged, stroked and made to feel important. But it is much simpler than that. Come to the feet of Jesus in your mind and now down and pray to him and confess your sins. Call the bunny's name and cry out, “Oh, Lord Jesus, save me Hear My Cry." Do you know what will happen then unspiritual level?

Ps 18:5-19
The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me.

In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears. Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet. And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.

He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies. At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire. The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.

Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them. Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O Lord, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.

He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay. He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.

As you repent from your sins, Jesus would give you his righteousness, his Clean Hands, his Pure Heart. Then He will bear your sinful hands your corrupted heart and all of your unrighteousness in his body; delivering you from all of your unrighteousness and wickedness. You will be at peace with God.

You will then be free to be taught his holiness by him walking together in love rather than in fear of punishment. Don't let the enemies of God dissuade you or distract you for they surely will try. But as long as you cling to Jesus Christ like a baby kangaroo clings to the mother's chest oh, you will be saved and safe.
This is an excellent testimony if you trust Jesus' clear and simple word of "My Father is the only true God" instead of worshipping a triune god.

This is an excellent testimony if you trust Jesus' clear and simple word of "My Father is the only true God" instead of worshipping a triune god.
I don’t think God would get me for that

Jesus says that is the greatest commandment.

And it is the first commandment.

Jesus will not condone anyone who disrespects God's identity.
The Bible says He was God, so all is good.

This is how you disrespect Jesus' own word.
I think it is how you do not understand God's word, but I still think you are safe because you call upon Jesus for salvation.

Back