• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

The Branch of Yahwah

C

CherubRam

• Isaiah 4:2
In that day the (Branch / Vine) of the LORD will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel.

• Isaiah 11:1

A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a (Branch / Vine) will bear fruit.

• Jeremiah 23:5

“The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will raise up for David a righteous (Branch / Vine,) a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land.

• Jeremiah 33:15
“‘In those days and at that time I will make a righteous (Branch / Vine) sprout from David’s line; he will do what is just and right in the land.

• Zechariah 3:8
“‘Listen, High Priest of Yahshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the (Branch / Vine.)

• Zechariah 6:12
Tell him this is what the LORD Almighty says: ‘Here is the man whose title is the (Branch / Vine,) and he will (branch / sprout) out from his place and build the temple of the LORD.

• John 15:1
“I am the true Vine, and my Father is the gardener.

• John 15:2
He cuts off every Branch in me that bears no fruit, while every Branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

• John 15:4
Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No Branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the Vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

• John 15:5
“I am the Vine; you are the Branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

• John 15:6
If you do not remain in me, you are like a Branch that is thrown away and withers; such Branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.

• Romans 11:11
Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the Gentiles to make Israel envious.

• Romans 11:16
If the part of the dough offered as firstfruits is holy, then the whole batch is holy; if the root is holy, so are the Branches.

• Romans 11:17
If some of the Branches have been broken off, and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive root,

• Romans 11:18
do not consider yourself to be superior to those other Branches. If you do, consider this: You do not support the root, but the root supports you.

• Romans 11:19
You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I could be grafted in.”

• Romans 11:21
For if God did not spare the natural Branches, he will not spare you either.

• Romans 11:24
After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural Branches, be grafted into their own olive tree!

The Root of Christianity is Judaism. Before people were called Christians, the were called converts to Judaism.

The Disciple went first to the Jews witnessing, and afterward, they went to other nations preaching.

Matthew 10:5-6​

5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go first to the lost sheep of Israel.

Matthew 23:15
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.
I
Acts 2:11
(both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!”

Acts 6:5
This proposal pleased the whole group. They chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit; also Philip, Procorus, Nicanor, Timon, Parmenas, and Nicolas from Antioch, a convertto Judaism.

Acts 13:43
When the congregation was dismissed, many of the Jews and devout converts to Judaism followed Paul and Barnabas, who talked with them and urged them to continue in the grace of God.

Acts 15:3
The church sent them on their way, and as they traveled through Phoenicia and Samaria, they told how the Gentiles had been converted. This news made all the believers very glad.

Romans 16:5
Greet also the church that meets at their house. Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia.

1 Corinthians 16:15
You know that the household of Stephanas were the first converts in Achaia, and they have devoted themselves to the service of the Lord’s people. I urge you, brothers and sisters,

1 Timothy 3:6
He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

Sects of Judaism
Luke 5:30
But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sectcomplained to his disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”

Acts 24:5
“We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect

Acts 24:14
However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets,

Acts 26:5
They have known me for a long time and can testify, if they are willing, that I conformed to the strictest sectof our religion, living as a Pharisee.

Acts 28:22
But we want to hear what your views are, for we know that people everywhere are talking against this sect.”

Zechariah 3:2
Yahwah said to Satan, “Yahwah rebukes you, Satan! Yahwah, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebukes you! Is not this man a burning (stick / branch) snatched from the fire?”

Zechariah 3:2
3 Then he showed me the high priest of Yahshua standing before the messenger of Yahwah, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him. 2 Yahwah said to Satan, “Yahwah rebukes you, Satan! Yahwah, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke, you! Is not this man a burning stick / branch snatched from the fire?”

3 Now he was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the messenger. 4 The messenger said to those who were standing before him, “Take off his filthy clothes.”

Then he said to him, “See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you.”

5 Then I said, “Put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the messenger of Yahwah stood by.

6 The messenger of Yahwah gave this charge to him: 7 “This is what Yahwah Almighty says: ‘If you will walk in obedience to me and keep my requirements, then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these standing here.

8 “‘Listen, High Priest of Yahshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 9 See, the stone (cornerstone / capstone) I have set in front for Yahshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says Yahwah Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day.

10 “‘In that day each of you will invite your neighbor to sit under your vine and fig tree,’ declares Yahwah Almighty.”

Set in front for Yahshua!

Set in front of Old Testament scriptures for Yahshua's coming.

• Psalm 118:22
    The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone;

• So this is what the Sovereign Lord says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who relies on it will never be stricken with panic.

• Jeremiah 51:26
    No rock will be taken from you for a cornerstone, nor any stone for a foundation, for you will be desolate forever,” declares the Lord.

The Branch of Yahweh isn’t Yahweh. The Branch of Yahweh is Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested (or accredited) by God (Acts 2:22).

I love all the tree metaphors... a branch, the root, a stump, the seed, the fruit..... these things create associations and are given to us precisely for that purpose. It all goes right back to 'the beginning' in the garden of God.

I love all the tree metaphors... a branch, the root, a stump, the seed, the fruit..... these things create associations and are given to us precisely for that purpose. It all goes right back to 'the beginning' in the garden of God.
Not necessarily an IDOL, but overlooked in much of Christendom is Agency. Many Beings do things through other Beings. God sent Joshua to conquer and communicate through the prophets. King Saul sent David to Conquer. Jesus sent the Apostles out 2 by 2. The tree metaphors, the associations are about Agency. This is why action of one is often said accomplished "through" another.

We are agents of Jesus and he is an agent - lamb, priest, Apostle, prophet - of God.

Back