• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Sea of glass like crystal

S

Sissy

Revelation 4 ESV
(6) and before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal. And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are four living creatures, full of eyes in front and behind:

Revelation 22 ESV
(1) Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

In ancient cultures a raging sea could not be tamed and was dark and chaotic.

But in the presence of YHWH the sea is tame/calm and bright.

Revelation 4 ESV
(6) and before the throne there was as it were a sea of glass, like crystal. And around the throne, on each side of the throne, are four living creatures, full of eyes in front and behind:

Revelation 22 ESV
(1) Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

In ancient cultures a raging sea could not be tamed and was dark and chaotic.

But in the presence of YHWH the sea is tame/calm and bright.
Sissy, Also you might also look a 'censer' in the tabernacle where the Priest would wash the sins of Israel away. vs the sea of Glass at this point there is no need to be washed....a PUN? maybe

Blade

Sissy, Also you might also look a 'censer' in the tabernacle where the Priest would wash the sins of Israel away. vs the sea of Glass at this point there is no need to be washed....a PUN? maybe

Blade
I have thought about that, especially the bronze laver of Solomon's temple held up by the 12 bulls.

1629953720973.png

I tend to lean more towards it representing the living water flowing from the throne of YHWH.
But as with a lot of things in scripture, things can carry more than just one level of meaning.

I have thought about that, especially the bronze laver of Solomon's temple held up by the 12 bulls.

View attachment 129

I tend to lean more towards it representing the living water flowing from the throne of YHWH.
But as with a lot of things in scripture, things can carry more than just one level of meaning.
Yep, the water flowing from the throne of YHWH is most likely correct also.

Blade

Back