• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Praise, Exalt, and Proclaim His Name

C

CherubRam

Exodus 34:5
Then Yahwah came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, Yahwah.

1 Chronicles 16:8
Give praise to Yahwah, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

Psalm 34:3
Glorify Yahwah with me; let us exalt his name together.

Psalm 68:4
Sing to God, sing in praise of his name, extol him who rides on the clouds; rejoice before him—his name is Yahwah.

Psalm 96:2
Sing to Yahwah, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day.

Psalm 105:1
Give praise to Yahwah, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done.

Psalm 148:13
Let them praise the name of Yahwah, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.

Isaiah 12:4
In that day you will say: “Give praise to Yahwah, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.

Isaiah 47:4
Our Redeemer—Yahwah of Host is his name— is the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 52:6
Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I.”

Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says Yahwah of Host, “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

Last Days.
Zechariah 13:9
This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘Yahwah is our God.’”

Exodus 34:5
Then Yahwah came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, Yahwah.

1 Chronicles 16:8

Psalm 34:3
Glorify Yahwah with me; let us exalt his name together.

Psalm 68:4
Sing to God, sing in praise of his name, extol him who rides on the clouds; rejoice before him—his name is Yahwah.

Psalm 96:2
Sing to Yahwah, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day.

Psalm 105:1

Psalm 148:13
Let them praise the name of Yahwah, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.

Isaiah 12:4
In that day you will say: “Give praise to Yahwah, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted.

Isaiah 47:4
Our Redeemer—Yahwah of Host is his name— is the Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 52:6
Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I.”

If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says Yahwah of Host, “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

Last Days.
Zechariah 13:9
This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘Yahwah is our God.’”
Amen!

You are blessed CR.

Honor His Name
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.

Honorable Mention
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.

Malachi 1:6
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says [the LORD / Yahwah] Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’

If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says [the LORD / Yahwah Almighty], “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

Something to think about.

Origen reported that when Jews read the name Yahwah, they would pronounce it Adonai, while non Jews would pronounce it Kurios.

Later on, Christian scribes replaced the Hebrew characters in the Greek Bible with Kurios. Scribes translating the Hebrew Bible showed that Yahwah should not be pronounced, but read as Adonai by substituting the Hebrew vowels of Adonai for those of Yahwah when writing the divine name. Later on, readers who did not know this history did not pronounce Yahwah; but neither did they pronounce Adonai, as the scribes intended.

As a result the Middle Ages readers of the Hebrew Bible began pronouncing precisely what was written, and the mixture of consonants from Yahwah and vowels from Adonai, producing the pronunciation of Jehovah, a word that never existed for speakers of ancient Hebrew.

The word "Jehovah" comes from the fact that ancient Jewish texts used to put the vowels of the Name "Adonai" (the usual substitute for YHWH) with the consonants of YHWH to remind people not to pronounce YHWH as written.

A sixteenth century German Christian scribe, while transliterating the Bible into Latin for the Pope, wrote the Name out as it appeared in his texts, with the consonants of YHWH and the vowels of Adonai, and came up with the word JeHoVah.

In Hebrew the word Jahovah can be interpretated as "God's destructive evil desires."

The editors of the Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon write that the pronunciation "Jehovah" was unknown until 1520 when it was introduced by Galatinus; Pietro Colonna Galatino (1460–1530), also known as Petrus Galatinus.

Commentary in the Oxford English Dictionary concerning the letter J. Quote: "The J j types are not used in the Bible of 1611...."

Back