• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Popular and majority approved doctrines and practices.

M

meshak

1) all popular doctrines and practices are not of God because Jesus says Narrow is the say to salvation and only a few find it.

2) "good works cannot save you" "faith only", "grace only" self-declaration of "I am saved" doctrine is another one of those.

3)Most mainstreamers, trinity believers, approve of their members joining in the military.

4)"Paul's teaching is God's word"

5) above all, Jesus is God doctrine is mainstreamers core belief.

I will provide the verses to back up my claims.

1) all popular doctrines and practices are not of God because Jesus says Narrow is the say to salvation and only a few find it.

2) "good works cannot save you" "faith only", "grace only" self-declaration of "I am saved" doctrine is another one of those.

3)Most mainstreamers, trinity believers, approve of their members joining in the military.

Hi Meshak,
#1. I agree the Christian life is not easy and that few will be chosen. But, I prefer it over the life of the flesh. I believe there will be a lot of souls who think they are save and are not.
#2. I do not believe can work their way into heaven. I do believe that faith should produce good works. But one can never do enough.
#3. Being retired Navy I can see where countries feel the need for a military as the world is today. I do not think that Jesus ever said we should not serve. Jesus even had some good encounters with the Roman Centurions. Jesus said there would be wars upon wars. He was right. The world has been in a mess for thousands of years and will be till the Lord returns.
#4. I believe Paul teaches the Word of God. Some theologians see Paul as having his own gospel given by his encounters with the Lord.
#5. As for the trinity I see God the Father as imparting His Spirit to His Son. Also as imparting His Spirit to others. In the OT to the prophets to carry God's message. Also we also are blessed to have the Holy Spirit imparted to us to guide us.

Take Care Meshak.

I don't agree with you.

Jesus was referring to the lives of individual people.
What you list (though I don't necessarily agree with the doctrines you mention) are doctrines for everyone.

Knowing the correct doctrine is a help to salvation but is no guarantee.
For example the doctrine that in (water) baptism we are saved/justified, and renewed by the Holy Spirit is a belief of the vast majority of Christians. But being initially saved/justified is no guarantee of eternal life.

I don't agree with you.
HAAA! lol
She thought she would be able to manipulate you, and other Catholics to team up with her, because she knew that I wouldn't keep backing her. She goes against the apostle Paul and says he was not a real apostle and that he was bad.

Reminder:

references:

1)
Matthew 7:13-14
The Narrow and Wide Gates
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

2)
1. John 14:15
◦New King James Version
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.

2. John 14:21
◦New King James Version
He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

3. John 15:10
◦New King James Version
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

4. 1 John 2:3
◦New King James Version
The Test of Knowing Him ] Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

5. 1 John 2:4
◦New King James Version
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

6. 1 John 3:22
◦New King James Version
And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

7. 1 John 3:24
◦New King James Version
The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error ] Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

8. 1 John 5:2
◦New King James Version
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.

9. 1 John 5:3
◦New King James Version
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

10. Revelation 12:17
◦New King James Version
And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

11. Revelation 14:12
◦New King James Version
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

And here is confirmation from Jesus of keeping Ten commandments as requirement.

Matthew 19:16-19
New International Version (NIV)
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” 17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
18 “Which ones?” he inquired.
Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[a] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

Matthew 3:10
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

3)
Luke 6:27-36 King James Version)

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.
30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32For if ye love them which love you what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
34And if ye to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Fatheralso is merciful.

and some more:

Matthew 26:52
“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would be fighting so that I would not be handed over to the Jews; but as it is, My kingdom is not of this realm."
John 18:36

And His faithful disciple harmonize with Jesus' word:

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. (2 corinthian 10:4-5)

Romans 12:17-21
17Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. 18If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. 19Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. 20Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head." 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

II Corinthians 10:3,4
"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds."

Ephesians 6:12
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

John 13:13-15
New International Version
13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.

5)John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Let's dissect one by one.

Jesus is God is not what He says:

5)John 20:17

Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Back