• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Our Mighty Warrior King

A

Arial

Psalm 24:7-10
Lift up your heads, O you gates!
And be lifted up, you everlasting doors!
And the King of glory shall come in.
8 Who is this King of glory?
The Lord strong and mighty,
The Lord mighty in battle.
9 Lift up your heads, O you gates!
Lift up, you everlasting doors!
And the King of glory shall come in.
10 Who is this King of glory?
The Lord of hosts,
He is the King of glory.
Selah
In this Psalm is an allusion to a king returning in victory from battle. It refers ultimately to Christ.

Psalm 2:4-6,9

He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
The Lord shall hold them in derision.
5 Then He shall speak to them in His wrath,
And distress them in His deep displeasure:
6 “Yet I have [e]set My King
[f]On My holy hill of Zion.”

9You shall [h]break them with a rod of iron;
You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’

There are two stages, two occurrences, I believe of Jesus entering the gates of the heavenly sanctuary after a victorious battle. The first would be after the completion of His earthly ministry in which He defeated sin and death, and provided eternal salvation for His people, and ascended back to heaven. Paul quotes Psalm 68 in this regard in Eph 4:8 "When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, and gave gifts to men." Paul uses this verse in reference to the gifts bestowed upon the church. There is debate over Paul's intention. I tend to see it as those being held captive by sin and death being led in joyous profession behind their delivering King as His captives. Paul refers to Himself as a captive of Christ. In any case, the gifts bestowed on the church through Jesus' victory, are for the new battle that begins on earth of the enemy trying to destroy the church, and the spreading of the gospel.

But there is yet another to be won and completed with our King again returning victorious, with His armies. Rev 19
Now I saw heaven opened and behold,a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns, He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called 'The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe, and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back