• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Of One Mind (Philippians 2:2)

M

Manonfire63

The Question: How does someone end up of one mind with God and other people through God's Holy Spirit?

Some people, when it comes to religion, they had a tradition. Having a tradition is not necessarily wrong, however, there is a difference between Tradition and Faith. The difference may be doing. Someone arguing from a tradition may have been using someone's past deeds and perceived past glory. Someone with a faith may have been "Doing." God's plan is God's Kingdom. We are doers of the word, working to build The Kingdom of God.

Getting into which Christian tradition is best can be like arguing for Nike or Addias. It can be like arguing that McDonald's is better than Burger King. It can be like arguing that The Chicago Bears are better than Packers. That gets into The Soul and identity. What does someone love with their soul? It gets into egotism. Someone really needed something to be true, and they were working to force that in an argument?

Through Prayer, and offering our lives to God, and making a decision to be a doer, working to build the Kingdom of God, we may be on a start towards becoming one mind.

Say "I don't know." I don't know like Socrates. I don't know. God knows.

Say "I don't care." The Truth hurts. Knowledge brings sorrow. Ignorance is bliss. Someone may need to "Not Care." They don't care about things of this world. They are seeking God with all their heart and soul and strength and mind, and holding tight to God.

Someone who doesn't know and doesn't care, [about things that may be false] he may be teachable. The Holy Ghost is a teacher and a councilor. The Prophets, scripture, and the Saints are there to guide us. Given we are getting it right, we say nothing contradictory. Over time, we may be of one mind.

Previous Post: "Discovering The Soul" on Theologyforums.

The Question: How does someone end up of one mind with God and other people through God's Holy Spirit?

Some people, when it comes to religion, they had a tradition. Having a tradition is not necessarily wrong, however, there is a difference between Tradition and Faith. The difference may be doing. Someone arguing from a tradition may have been using someone's past deeds and perceived past glory. Someone with a faith may have been "Doing." God's plan is God's Kingdom. We are doers of the word, working to build The Kingdom of God.

Getting into which Christian tradition is best can be like arguing for Nike or Addias. It can be like arguing that McDonald's is better than Burger King. It can be like arguing that The Chicago Bears are better than Packers. That gets into The Soul and identity. What does someone love with their soul? It gets into egotism. Someone really needed something to be true, and they were working to force that in an argument?

Through Prayer, and offering our lives to God, and making a decision to be a doer, working to build the Kingdom of God, we may be on a start towards becoming one mind.

Say "I don't know." I don't know like Socrates. I don't know. God knows.

Say "I don't care." The Truth hurts. Knowledge brings sorrow. Ignorance is bliss. Someone may need to "Not Care." They don't care about things of this world. They are seeking God with all their heart and soul and strength and mind, and holding tight to God.

Someone who doesn't know and doesn't care, [about things that may be false] he may be teachable. The Holy Ghost is a teacher and a councilor. The Prophets, scripture, and the Saints are there to guide us. Given we are getting it right, we say nothing contradictory. Over time, we may be of one mind.

Previous Post: "Discovering The Soul" on Theologyforums.
Do 'we' actually build the Kingdom? Are these types of words scriptural? Did Yahshua the Christ ever say for us to build the Kingdom ourselves?

I know many will point to a common 'tradition' in religious circles to go and bring people into the Kingdom for God - go and evangelize. Does God need us to do this type of work, especially today? Who really draws people to and into the Kingdom?

To your main question of one mind: I believe once we possess righteousness, and are accepted by the Father, and thus in his Kingdom, we are, or should be compelled to begin to become our holy walk and thus more separated from the world and our old self. We in faith and zeal for Christ walk in his garments, in his spirit to became like him in mind and purpose. The problem is that many folks who come to Christ and are in the Kingdom just stay put or want to just to dwell on the future prize, and wait for the prize of their future immortality, without living in the Kingdom today, and 'running the race' as Paul says to do. They want their 'stuff' without wanting to do more spiritual works that only will benefit them in cooperation with God in love and peace. To become as Christ and with his mind. So we end up with only a very few folks in the Kingdom today increasing in faith and walking in the light and becoming and being in the mind of Christ. And the rest are below on the maturity ladder of life in the Kingdom, possessing differing minds, composed still mainly of the flesh and the world. We are NOT ONE as the Son is with the Father. That is the goal as Paul states.....

(Php 2:5) Have this mind in you, which was also in Christ Jesus.
(Php 2:2) make my joy full by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
(Php 2:3) Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself;
(Php 2:4) each of you not looking to his own things, but each of you to the things of others.
(Php 2:6) Who, though being in the mental image of God, did not consider grasping at being equal with God,
(Php 2:7) but poured himself out, taking the mental attitude of a servant, and was the made just the same as all ordinary men.

(Php 3:12) Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
(Php 3:13) Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own yet. But one thing I do, forgetting the past and looking forward to those things which are ahead,
(Php 3:14) I press on toward the goal, to the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
(Php 3:15) Let us therefore, as many as are mature, be thus decided; and if in anything you are otherwise decided, this also shall God reveal to you. (NEV)

Most 'Christians' beyond being righteous, do not strive forward toward the next most important goal of truly being in Christ in the Kingdom today and staying in that state or place. The heart and mind is led to believe they are already resurrected in the divine body and divine mind, eventhough they still live in the decaying flesh in this world today. We must continue to grow in holiness, to at least begin this journey, and become holy in preparation for the wedding. This is the HIGH CALLING..

The Kingdom is never ending.

Isaiah 9

New International Version

9 [a]Nevertheless, there will be no more gloom for those who were in distress. In the past he humbled the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, but in the future he will honor Galilee of the nations, by the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan—
2 The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of deep darkness
a light has dawned.
3 You have enlarged the nation
and increased their joy;
they rejoice before you
as people rejoice at the harvest,
as warriors rejoice
when dividing the plunder.
4 For as in the day of Midian’s defeat,
you have shattered
the yoke that burdens them,
the bar across their shoulders,
the rod of their oppressor.
5 Every warrior’s boot used in battle
and every garment rolled in blood
will be destined for burning,
will be fuel for the fire.
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the greatness of his government and peace
there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne
and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness
from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty
will accomplish this.

Do 'we' actually build the Kingdom? Are these types of words scriptural? Did Yahshua the Christ ever say for us to build the Kingdom ourselves?

I know many will point to a common 'tradition' in religious circles to go and bring people into the Kingdom for God - go and evangelize. Does God need us to do this type of work, especially today? Who really draws people to and into the Kingdom?

To your main question of one mind: I believe once we possess righteousness, and are accepted by the Father, and thus in his Kingdom, we are, or should be compelled to begin to become our holy walk and thus more separated from the world and our old self. We in faith and zeal for Christ walk in his garments, in his spirit to became like him in mind and purpose. The problem is that many folks who come to Christ and are in the Kingdom just stay put or want to just to dwell on the future prize, and wait for the prize of their future immortality, without living in the Kingdom today, and 'running the race' as Paul says to do. They want their 'stuff' without wanting to do more spiritual works that only will benefit them in cooperation with God in love and peace. To become as Christ and with his mind. So we end up with only a very few folks in the Kingdom today increasing in faith and walking in the light and becoming and being in the mind of Christ. And the rest are below on the maturity ladder of life in the Kingdom, possessing differing minds, composed still mainly of the flesh and the world. We are NOT ONE as the Son is with the Father. That is the goal as Paul states.....

(Php 2:2) make my joy full by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
(Php 2:3) Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself;
(Php 2:4) each of you not looking to his own things, but each of you to the things of others.
(Php 2:6) Who, though being in the mental image of God, did not consider grasping at being equal with God,
(Php 2:7) but poured himself out, taking the mental attitude of a servant, and was the made just the same as all ordinary men.

(Php 3:12) Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
(Php 3:13) Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own yet. But one thing I do, forgetting the past and looking forward to those things which are ahead,
(Php 3:14) I press on toward the goal, to the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
(Php 3:15) Let us therefore, as many as are mature, be thus decided; and if in anything you are otherwise decided, this also shall God reveal to you. (NEV)

Most 'Christians' beyond being righteous, do not strive forward toward the next most important goal of truly being in Christ in the Kingdom today and staying in that state or place. The heart and mind is led to believe they are already resurrected in the divine body and divine mind, eventhough they still live in the decaying flesh in this world today. We must continue to grow in holiness, to at least begin this journey, and become holy in preparation for the wedding. This is the HIGH CALLING..
While your scripture is nice, and tho interpretative-- I like how it is a correct interpretation; what translation did you use?

While your scripture is nice, and tho interpretative-- I like how it is a correct interpretation; what translation did you use?
The NEV - New European Version (2017 edition) created by a group of Christadelphians.

If you were to ask a Catholic or Orthodox Priest about The Kingdom of God, they may say "The Church is The Kingdom." In the Middle Ages, there was Christendom. In Orthodoxy, after the West and East split........Eastern Rome and its "Tributaries" were the Kingdom?

Christians were given The Great Commission. I would say that The Kingdom of God has values. The Kingdom of God is where people are doers of The Word. In a fulfillment of God's Kingdom, towards some end times prophecy, The Greater Church may come back together at some point, as The Spirit of God becomes evident.

Was someone waiting for God to do everything? Was someone caring more about the world, and world problems, and making excuses? God helps those who help themselves. Someone works through God's Spirit. Someone working to build God's Kingdom, in an understanding that God's Kingdom has values, he may have been lined well with similar minded people in God's Holy Spirit.

I have liked the following website for describing Kingdom Values: Kingdom Watchers Website

Last edited by a moderator:
When I say the Kingdom of God has values.....we are getting into a Conceptual Understanding of the Bible. There are concepts in the Bible. Given someone grasps a concept, a lot of understanding falls into place. Some people......they had a plan. Their plan was to read the entire Bible before they die. How much of it did they understand? With a Conceptual Bible Study, we are breaking down some concepts, and using reason. A lot of understanding falls into place. Understanding reading the Bible, and understanding in what has been going on in their life, or the news.

Authority works in particular ways. Authority started somewhere, and was delegated. How does authority work? Authority is a concept in the Bible. In the Book of Judges, Israel was different from other Nations. Israel had no King. God was their King. He ruled them through his Holy Spirit. They would fall away and become oppressed, they would cry out, and God would send them a Judge.

Ears to hear and eyes to see is a major concept in the Bible. (Ezekiel 12:2)(Proverbs 20:12)(Isaiah 42:7)(Matthew 13:15-17) In the Book of Revelations, does someone have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying to the Churches? Someone with ears to hear, he may have been building the Kingdom of God, and had an awareness of what "May" happen. Was someone "Woke?" Woke people were directly stealing something from Christianity, corrupting it, and presenting it back to the public in an Anti-Christ way. Said Woke people may say something like "I hate when people use the Bible for Political Purposes." They were projecting their sin onto others. They were exactly using religion towards political purposes.

There are major concepts in the Bible. When I say "The Kingdom of God has values," I am implying that someone is coming into understanding, through God.

Back