• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Nancy Pelosi denied communion by ArchBishop due to her pro-abortion stance

The archbishop demonstrated the courage of his conviction.

If the politician is dead set on promoting abortion, the politician should withdraw from the Catholic Church.

By denying her communion, the archbishop has the politician hanging by a thread.

No communion = outside the Church. The politician is treated like an unbeliever.

I’m not a Catholic and never have been. When I visit a Catholic Church - which I do from time to time - I’m denied communion.

The archbishop demonstrated the courage of his conviction.

If the politician is dead set on promoting abortion, the politician should withdraw from the Catholic Church.

By denying her communion, the archbishop has the politician hanging by a thread.

No communion = outside the Church. The politician is treated like an unbeliever.

I’m not a Catholic and never have been. When I visit a Catholic Church - which I do from time to time - I’m denied communion.

I'm not anti-Catholic. There are some very fine Catholic believers, but I'll never understand how practicing Catholics reconcile their beliefs to a degree that allows them to accept and even promote abortion. Catholic Joe Biden and most (almost all) Democrat Catholics roll along with the abortion agenda and ensure the killing continues.

I'm not anti-Catholic.

I’m anti-Catholic doctrine. Does that make me anti-Catholic? The Catholic Church tells me that it does. I agree.

On another discussion forum, someone alleged that I’m heavily influenced by Catholicism. Curious, I inquired why the person thought that I am. The reasons I was given demonstrated that I’m not. The person changed their mind about me.

Ironically, it’s true that I’m heavily influenced by the Catholic Church. The person was right in their initial impression of me but not for the reasons he gave.

There are some very fine Catholic believers

Catholics are among some of the finest people I’ve ever known. As I’m sure you’ll recall, I’m married to a woman who was raised Catholic. The relatives on her side of the family have always been divided over how they feel about me personally. On the whole, we get along very well. Forty years of marriage in the books, and counting.

Several of my wife’s relatives are (or were, before becoming deceased) priests, deacons and nuns. I’ve enjoyed discussing theology with them, but my wife is right about the nuns. (Stay out of the clenches and beware of them busting your knuckles with a ruler - or fork, knife or spoon!)

but I'll never understand how practicing Catholics reconcile their beliefs to a degree that allows them to accept and even promote abortion. Catholic Joe Biden and most (almost all) Democrat Catholics roll along with the abortion agenda and ensure the killing continues.

Same. It’s a blatant disconnect.

What I most admire about Catholicism is its level of scholarship and its official stance on abortion.

I'm not anti-Catholic. There are some very fine Catholic believers, but I'll never understand how practicing Catholics reconcile their beliefs to a degree that allows them to accept and even promote abortion. Catholic Joe Biden and most (almost all) Democrat Catholics roll along with the abortion agenda and ensure the killing continues.
I'll never understand the argument some Catholics press that a fetus just isn't a human person before it is viable outside the womb (whenever that is). But I buy the argument that IN SOME CIRCUMSTANCES a woman should be allowed to terminate her pregnancy. Jeopardy to life and health of the mother is one. Rape is another. Would you agree?

I'll never understand the argument some Catholics press that a fetus just isn't a human person before it is viable outside the womb (whenever that is). But I buy the argument that IN SOME CIRCUMSTANCES a woman should be allowed to terminate her pregnancy. Jeopardy to life and health of the mother is one. Rape is another. Would you agree?

Not really. Rape is horrible and should never happen, while acknowledging that it does and that there can be a child produced as a consequence, I'll side with the child everytime. Not their fault. Murdering the child doesn't solve the rape case.

And pregnancy isn't cancer. You cut the cancer out or poison it or blast it with a death ray-- 'to death.' That's not how we should treat children.

I Love Roman Catholics

Not really. Rape is horrible and should never happen, while acknowledging that it does and that there can be a child produced as a consequence, I'll side with the child everytime. Not their fault. Murdering the child doesn't solve the rape case.

And pregnancy isn't cancer. You cut the cancer out or poison it or blast it with a death ray-- 'to death.' That's not how we should treat children.
Hmm. Have you ever read Judith Jarvis Thompson's A Defense of Abortion?

Attachments

• Judith Jarvis Thompson.pdf
    140.7 KB · Views: 2
Hmm. Have you ever read Judith Jarvis Thompson's A Defense of Abortion?

No-- I had never read it, until just now.

Having now done so, I'll reject her defense of abortion on the following grounds....

No one has the right to take the life of another. Jesus puts it like this>> No one has greater love than this—that one lays down his life for another.

Didn't I say that the rape situation was horrible? I meant it. And the consequence of it can truly be awful-- and certainly seen to be awful-- but love supersedes the awfulness of the situation. And good can come from it. What was meant to be an evil against me, God intended for good.

-Even if we don't understand or appreciate that. Likewise cancer is horrible. If you can cut it out or kill it-- great. But a baby is not cancer. If it (the cancer OR the baby) kills you-- that's sad, unfortunate, horrible.... of course. Some things I just hand over to His sovereignty. Sometimes babies are born with horrible abnormalities, terrible deficits, disease, limited capacities and so on..... God allows it. Sometimes-- we have no idea how often- these pregnancies terminate naturally via miscarriage. God allows and perhaps even facilitates it.

As for Ms Johnson's defense. The violinist and every other example she offers will recover from their circumstance. It's a temporary condition-- this pregnancy thing. In 9 months or less, one way or another-- it's over for both mother and child. The mother makes decisions that the child is never allowed to make or even participate in.

Have the babies-- if God allows it. Give it up for adoption, if you don't want it. As for abortion--? No. I do not subscribe.

Back