• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Living Water

S

Sissy

Psalms 36 LEB
(8) They are refreshed with the fullness of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
(9) For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.

Jeremiah 2 LEB
(13) "For my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the source of living water, to hew out for themselves cisterns, cracked cisterns that can hold no water.

Jeremiah 17 LEB
(13) O Yahweh, the hope of Israel, all those who forsake you will be put to shame, and those who turn aside from you in the earth will be recorded, for they have forsaken the fountain of living water, Yahweh.

John 4 LEB
(14) But whoever drinks of this water which I will give to him will never be thirsty for eternity, but the water which I will give to him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

John 7 LEB
(37) Now on the last day of the feast—the great day—Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me, and let him drink,
(38) the one who believes in me. Just as the scripture said, 'Out of his belly will flow rivers of living water.'"
(39) Now he said this concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were about to receive. For the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus had not yet been glorified.)

Psalms 36 LEB
(8) They are refreshed with the fullness of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
(9) For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.

Jeremiah 2 LEB
(13) "For my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the source of living water, to hew out for themselves cisterns, cracked cisterns that can hold no water.

Jeremiah 17 LEB
(13) O Yahweh, the hope of Israel, all those who forsake you will be put to shame, and those who turn aside from you in the earth will be recorded, for they have forsaken the fountain of living water, Yahweh.
Yes, God is the source of life. Those who have hewn out cisterns, cracked cisterns that can hold no water are ones that have forsaken God and therefore have no life.
John 4 LEB
(14) But whoever drinks of this water which I will give to him will never be thirsty for eternity, but the water which I will give to him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life."

John 7 LEB
(37) Now on the last day of the feast—the great day—Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me, and let him drink,
(38) the one who believes in me. Just as the scripture said, 'Out of his belly will flow rivers of living water.'"
(39) Now he said this concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were about to receive. For the Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus had not yet been glorified.)
Jesus poured out "living water"; baptized with the gift of Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. Now all who believe in him will never thirst again and gain eternal life.

Yes, God is the source of life. Those who have hewn out cisterns, cracked cisterns that can hold no water are ones that have forsaken God and therefore have no life.

Jesus poured out "living water"; baptized with the gift of Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. Now all who believe in him will never thirst again and gain eternal life.
Amen.

Revelation 22 ESV
(17) The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

Revelation 22 ESV
(17) The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.
(17) The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take (take means to receive) the water of life without price.

(17) The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take (take means to receive) the water of life without price.
Amen.
Can't buy it, can't bargain for it, can't labor for it.

1 Corinthians 2 ESV
(12) Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.

And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high. Luke 24:49

And while he was staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, "you heard from me; for John baptized with water but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." Acts 1:4,5

This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that yourselves are seeing and hearing. Acts 2:32,33

As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them just as on us at the beginning. And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said, "John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit." If then God gave the same gift to them as he gave to us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God's way? When they heard these things, they fell silent. And they glorified God, saying, "Then to the Gentiles also God has granted repentance that leads to life." Acts 11:15-18

And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high. Luke 24:49

And while he was staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, "you heard from me; for John baptized with water but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now." Acts 1:4,5

This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that yourselves are seeing and hearing. Acts 2:32,33

As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them just as on us at the beginning. And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said, "John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit." If then God gave the same gift to them as he gave to us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God's way? When they heard these things, they fell silent. And they glorified God, saying, "Then to the Gentiles also God has granted repentance that leads to life." Acts 11:15-18
Groovy, far out, right on, exactly, LOL

God uses living growing things to represent the doctrine that fall like rain not earthly inspired of the god of this world . The living abiding water of his word it can cause growth ..

Deuteronomy 32:1-2 King James Version Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Blood is used in the same way. Literal blood without the spirit or essence of the living is dead.. stagnant . . it return to the dust or field of clay . (dust and water)

Interestingly he uses finger nails and hair also in parables I think it can be called the Nazarene vows which was made by born again believers .Paul is shown shaving his hair when completing the vow .

Acts 18:18 And Paul after this tarried there yet a good while, and then took his leave of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila; having shorn his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow

Acts 21:24 Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law.

It is used in the new testament ceremonial law in respect to the wife and the husband previously (kings in Israel) Jewish woman and gentiles were not allowed to participate in the ceremonies to high walls of separation. A representative glory that looks ahead to the wedding supper in the new order (non corruptible) found in 1 Corinthians 11 the consummation of the relationship restoring virtue which was lost in the garden of Eden .

Hair to present the covering of glory . as man represented the unseen glory of God no covering on his head or hari .The husband was given woman as a glory or covering. But he did not leave woman alone as a bride she represent the whole church . Her hair was her glory it must be covered so the only glory seen was the representative glory of faith . Christ in us.

The counterfeiter father of lies had already tried to change the understanding of the word of God by walking by sight after the temporal things seen . On the last day Lucifer Satan. . .as the father of lies is pictured in full glory on the last day unders the Sun using certain metaphors to include the face of a man with the hair of a woman. Unisex the rainbow effect.

Revelation 9:7-9King James Version7 And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

In the old testament a ceremony used to represent those born again entering Israel the bride of Christ, as Christians the new name the father named the bride. .

Deuteronomy 21:11-13 King James Version And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

A picture or parable of redemption.

I would say hair or nails the living, moving, growing covering that God covered Adam and Eve with. . . when they saw they were naked (or bald) . Some say God slew a animal? It seems to not ring true.

I would say hair or nails the living, moving, growing covering that God covered Adam and Eve with. . . when they saw they were naked (or bald) . Some say God slew a animal? It seems to not ring true.
And the LORD God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them. (ESV Gen. 3:21)
The Lord God made tunics of [animal] skins for Adam and his wife and clothed them. (AMP)
Then the Lord God made clothes out of animal skins for the man and his wife. (CEV)

In order to make garments of skins - I would think that the animal would be killed - a type of sacrifice to cover their sin.

1 Corinthians 10 ESV
(4) and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.

Speaking of Rock:

And the LORD God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them. (ESV Gen. 3:21)
The Lord God made tunics of [animal] skins for Adam and his wife and clothed them. (AMP)
Then the Lord God made clothes out of animal skins for the man and his wife. (CEV)

In order to make garments of skins - I would think that the animal would be killed - a type of sacrifice to cover their sin.

When I first heard that I thought it was logical which it is if the living word said he slew an animal, but it did not.

Coats of skin used in most translations, or skin with hair used to represent covering of blasphemy coats of skin or the 70 ft vail that separated the Holy of Holies from mankind They covered the covering God (hair) gave to them with clothes made from leaves.( sewed fig leaves together and made themselves aprons.)

Corrupted flesh. God covering the nakedness or baldness with hair. You could say the living dead hair has no life of its own it has dying power just as .. Two popular beauty treatments well deserved.

They lost virtue and childlike innocence It will return on the last day under the Sun. When the vail is lifted.

Great passages you share here Sissy. Great comments from others.

It is amazing that as people born into this world, can actually have access to waters from the heaven above by and through Jesus.

:)

Great passages you share here Sissy. Great comments from others.

It is amazing that as people born into this world, can actually have access to waters from the heaven above by and through Jesus.

And I will make them and the places round about My hill a blessing;
and I will cause the shower to come down in his season;
there shall be showers of blessing.

Ezekiel 34:26

Back