• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Invest Your Minas

M

Manonfire63

The Parable of the Ten Minas​

11 While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once. 12 He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. 13 So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas.[a] ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’

14 “But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’

15 “He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.

16 “The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’

17 “‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’

18 “The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’

19 “His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’

20 “Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21 I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’

22 “His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’

24 “Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’

25 “‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’

26 “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’” (Luke 19:11-17)

A mina may have been a thought or an idea from God. Given someone received something, who knows other than God and that person? Investing a mina may have been giving testimony. This may have been in Church. It may be in blog form. There may be a few ways to go about it, but given someone received something from God, they should invest it by giving word to it.

Around social media, I have been sort of a Mina magnet. A lot of people were taught wrong. This may have been due to Freemasonry. They may not have understood it was Freemasonry, they didn't understand the roots of some things. They were taught wrong. Sometimes, what we receive, it may have put someone at odds with The World. Should we not just all get along? Loving God someone may be at odds with the World. Some people may have taken their mina, and stashed in their memory somewhere. God knows it there. Suddenly, engaging with Christians, I end up with all these great ideas. I end up writing about them, possibly through a Manonfire63 filter. Invest your minas.

A thought is like a seed. Given someone thought a lot about it, it may have taken root. Someone could have had bad thoughts, and been of the wrong spirit. What is the character of God? Understanding God's character is important.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOfC1PEKt1U

In Christianity, there has been a kind of equality. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. We are no longer slave or free, gentile or jew, we are all servants of The Lord. Someone is now a servant of the Lord and saved? Where do we go from there?

Being saved was the beginning, it was not the end. Faith is journey.
I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. (1 Corinthains 3:2)

The parable of the 10 Minas shows an inequality based on merit. A lot of people have been fighting for 600 sum years over what it means to be saved. Were they actually saved, or do they just like fighting? Christians have been really bad about working to try to kick the knees out of this denomination or that instead of actually serving God.

Are you saved? There is a process of sanctification where someone is brought closer to God. God is Holy and Separate from sin. Do you have sin on your soul and things you need to confess? Sin doesn't do well in the presence of God.

The angel said to him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news. (Luke 1:19)

Given someone walked into God's presence with sin on their soul, they may have died, or been thrown to the grown in a lot of pain, feeling God's Righteous Anger. Through God's Holy Spirit there is a process of sanctification to bring us closer to God. Being saved was the beginning and not the end. I have liked a "Divine Comedy" to show that there may be layers in heaven. When someone died, were they going to hell? Were they sanctified so they could be closer to God? How close to God could they go?

What does The Afterlife look like, and where is someone actually going? Reformed Christians, on /r/reformed, they have tended to be very Academic and Snooty and Arrogant. In an Academic way, they know what the afterlife is like due to them being "Not Catholic." A lot of protestantism, they knee jerked some things looking for attention being "Not Catholic." Should John Calvin be married or stay single? He may have been pressured to have a wife to appear "Not Catholic." How much of his theology was knee jerked, working to please people looking to differentiate? Religion was popular, and what someone may have thought a lot about. There were not a lot of books. Religion was a major part of people's daily lives. Was someone gaining attention in the wrong ways?

I grew up protestant. I am not Catholic. I have been living like a hermit, more or less, living alone, writing what comes to me. Given someone was writing about The Afterlife, were they a seer, someone God was talking to, someone seeing the spiritual? Were they an Academic person who knew? Said Academic person may have needed certain things to be true or false for piece of mind, and when they talked about God, it came from their own mind or something else?

How is Theology different from Philosophy? Theology is Revelation. Was someone having Revelation from God? Given they were having Revelation, they may find people who also had been receiving from God in history. They may have been aligned pretty well. (Philippians 2:2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back