• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

If you were stranded on a deserted island...

G

God's Truth

If you were on a deserted island, all by yourself, and you only had the Bible, and you had no teacher, how would you know God's Truth? How would you be saved?

@Grace Accepted @shroom @robert pate @glorydaz

I would like for each of you to tell me how you would figure out God's Truth and how to be saved, if you had no teachers, no internet, no one else to ask, and no memory of any teachings you had before.

How would you find God's Truth and be saved if you just had the Bible? Can you give a detail of what you would do? Would you read Jesus' teaching in Matthew, Mark, and Luke and John and say to yourself that sounds nice, but let me wait until the scriptures to the Romans and Corinthians; or would you accept what this man Jesus was saying and do what he said?

@Grace Accepted @shroom @robert pate @glorydaz

I would like for each of you to tell me how you would figure out God's Truth and how to be saved, if you had no teachers, no internet, no one else to ask, and no memory of any teachings you had before.

How would you find God's Truth and be saved if you just had the Bible? Can you give a detail of what you would do? Would you read Jesus' teaching in Matthew, Mark, and Luke and John and say to yourself that sounds nice, but let me wait until the scriptures to the Romans and Corinthians; or would you accept what this man Jesus was saying and do what he said?
I think glorydaz is gone for good with Sissy.

Sissy left?

Why did they leave? (if I can ask..)
Well, I removed her and 1M from staff after much painful consideration. Sissy hasn't been back since, that was about 4 days ago. Glorydaz hasn't been here all day today, I'm just guessing she left too. I've known all of them since 2015 and it hurt to do it, but it had to be done.

Well, I removed her and 1M from staff after much painful consideration. Sissy hasn't been back since, that was about 4 days ago. Glorydaz hasn't been here all day today, I'm just guessing she left too. I've known all of them since 2015 and it hurt to do it, but it had to be done.
Can you say why you removed them from their mod position?

Thanks, PJ. I don't have insight into what goes on behind the scenes, but while 1M can be a bit in-your-face at times, I never noticed that about sissy. She did stand for what she believed.

I noticed GA is now a mod. Congrats to him.

If you were on a deserted island, all by yourself, and you only had the Bible, and you had no teacher, how would you know God's Truth? How would you be saved?

Walk or be moved by faith (God unseen' understanding )

The unseen faith of Christ comes by hearing the interpretation of Christ . The interpretations of Christ come by following the prescriptions given .

God did not lovingly command us in (2 Timothy 2:15) to study in order to receive His unseen approval and then leave us as orphans on deserted island . Search out the spiritual understanding hid in parable. . in doing so we can learn how to mix the faith of Christ with the temporal things seen therefore yoked with Christ the burden is made lighter.(Hebrew4:1-2)

In that way parables are designed to teach us how to walk by faith after the eternal. . again mixing the unseen with the temporal or what the eyes see.

One of my favorite 20/20 prescriptions below

2 Corinthians 4: 16-18 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Thanks, PJ. I don't have insight into what goes on behind the scenes, but while 1M can be a bit in-your-face at times, I never noticed that about sissy. She did stand for what she believed.

I noticed GA is now a mod. Congrats to him.
New GA has come a long long .... LONG way from old GA, that is more deserving of congrats.

Back