• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

How is a person converted to becoming a Christian?

M

MatthewG

Is it by authority in the church over others?
Is it by reading the word of God?
Is it by the hearing the spoken word by the mouth of another?
Is it the Spirit?

What are your thoughts on it, there will be many understandings.

Ill tell you this from a story of my life: There was a man who started talking to me about Parables, and it intrigued me even more. I already had started to believe in Christ Jesus, and God, and hearing those stories, got my mind curious about the things which were said.

The one he told me about was the Son who left the Father and didn't come back until he spent everything and started eating Hog Slop. Another thing he told me was when he told me when you do good things others it pours hot coals in their heads... I asked him what the means, he told me it confuses them. As they are being mean to you, you are instead entreating them with love by the spirit.

Is it the Spirit?

Ill tell you this from a story of my life: There was a man who started talking to me about Parables, and it intrigued me even more. I already had started to believe in Christ Jesus, and God, and hearing those stories, got my mind curious about the things which were said.

The one he told me about was the Son who left the Father and didn't come back until he spent everything and started eating Hog Slop. Another thing he told me was when he told me when you do good things others it pours hot coals in their heads... I asked him what the means, he told me it confuses them. As they are being mean to you, you are instead entreating them with love by the spirit.
And is obvious to me that Paul does , preach that anyone has to be CONVERTED and it is used in Luke 22:32 of Peter .

CONVERTED / EPISTREPHO means turn back or to return .

Peter in verse 33 says that he was ready to go with thee , both into prison , and to death , did he mean it ?

Peter DENIED Jesus 3 times , verse 33 , and that is why he had to be CONVERTED to return to Jesus .

Paul gospel was by GRACE YOU ARE SAVED , IN Eph 2:8 .

dan p

Is it the Spirit?

Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. [Acts 2:38]
And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” [Acts 16:31]
So
faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ. [Rom. 10:17]
In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, [Eph. 1:13]

You guys got it, preaching and hearing of the word is right.

This is what happens to those who know the Lord.

Jeremiah 31:

33“But this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD. I will put My law in their minds and inscribe it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people.
No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Those who do not we share with them the truth by the Holy Spirit in which God writes in the hearts and minds of men/women!

Back