• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

How Important Is Keeping The Sabbath

C

CherubRam

Exodus 20:6
And showing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Exodus 20:8
Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

Exodus 31:17-16
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Romans 9:6
It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel.

Revelation 12:17
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 14:12
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

True and False Disciples
Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me you evildoers!’
God's will is that we keep His commands.

Matthew 5:19
I have noticed that Matthew 5:19 is not correctly translated. The word (THESE) follows the word (commands) in the original text.
of these” should read “of the” ( TWN / TON )

“These” is referring to people, not the commands.

5130 / toutwn / touton: genitive case plural masculine or neuter of outoV - houtos 3778; of (from or concerning) these (persons or things):--such, their, these (things), they, this sort, those.

See Matthew 5:19 link: www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/Greek_Index.htm

Matthew 5:19
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands, and teaches others accordingly, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

This is how Matthew 5:19 should read:
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of the commands, and those teaching others accordingly, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 12:8
For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Mark 2:27
Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Mark 2:28
So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”

Luke 6:5
Then Yahshua said to them, “The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

Man, as in mankind. It does not say the Sabbath was made for the Jew, but mankind. The seventh day is Yahshua’s Sabbath.

Other Sabbath Rest

Colossians 2:16 Commentary

Colossians 2:16
Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

The Sabbath days spoken of here in Colossians, has to do with letting the land rest, mentioned in the scriptures below. It has nothing to do with God’s Seventh Day Sabbath; otherwise there would be a contradiction in the scriptures. The Seventh Day Sabbath is to be kept by all of mankind continually. It is also a sign of who God’s people are.

Exodus 23:10
[ Sabbath Laws ] “For six years you are to sow your fields and harvest the crops…

Leviticus 23:39
“‘So beginning with the fifteenth day of the seventh month, after you have gathered the crops of the land, celebrate the festival to the Lord for seven days; the first day is a day of Sabbath rest, and the eighth day also is a day of Sabbath rest.

Leviticus 25:1-2
[ The Sabbath Year ] The Lord said to Moses at Mount Sinai, “Speak to the Israelites and say to them: ‘When you enter the land I am going to give you, the land itself must observe a Sabbath to the Lord.

Leviticus 25:4
But in the seventh year the land is to have a year of Sabbath rest, a Sabbath to the Lord. Do not sow your fields or prune your vineyards.

Leviticus 25:6
Whatever the land yields during the Sabbath year will be food for you—for yourself, your male and female servants, and

Leviticus 25:8
[ The Year of Jubilee ] “‘Count off seven Sabbath years—seven times seven years—so that the seven Sabbath years amount to a period of forty-nine years.

Leviticus 26:34
Then the land will enjoy its Sabbath years all the time that it lies desolate and you are in the country of your enemies; then the land will rest and enjoy its Sabbaths.

Leviticus 26:35
All the time that it lies desolate, the land will have the rest it did not have during the Sabbaths you lived in it.

Leviticus 26:43
For the land will be deserted by them and will enjoy its Sabbaths while it lies desolate without them. They will pay for their sins because they rejected my laws and abhorred my decrees.

2 Chronicles 36:21
The land enjoyed its Sabbath rests; all the time of its desolation it rested, until the seventy years were completed in fulfillment of the word of the Lord spoken by Jeremiah.

This is a partial list of scriptures of what was done away with for the New Covenant.

Festivals rejected by Yahwah since 70 AD.

Psalm 40:6

Sacrifice and offering you did not desire— but a body you have prepared for me — burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not require.

Psalm 51:16
You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it; you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

Proverbs 21:3
To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Isaiah 1:11
“The multitude of your sacrifices— what are they to me?” says the LORD. “I have more than enough of burnt offerings, of rams and the fat of fattened animals; I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and goats.

Isaiah 1:14
Your New Moon feasts and your appointed festivals I hate with all my being. They have become a burden to me; I am weary of bearing them.

Zephaniah 3:18
“I will remove from you all who mourn over the loss of your appointed festivals, which is a burden and reproach for you.

Lamentations 2:6
He has laid waste his dwelling like a garden; he has destroyed his place of meeting. The LORD has made Zion forget her appointed festivals and her Sabbaths; in his fierce anger he has spurned both king and priest.

Hosea 2:11
I will stop all her celebrations:
her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days—all her appointed festivals.

Amos 5:21
“I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me.

Since the days of Adam; Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings, has been a tradition of mankind. God only instructed Moses on how the people were to perform those things.

Festivals, Sacrifices, and Offerings

Jeremiah 7

21 This is what the Lord of Hosts, the God of Israel, says: “Add your burnt offerings to your other sacrifices, and eat the meat yourselves, 22 for when I brought your ancestors out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak with them or command them concerning burnt offering and sacrifice.
26 However, they wouldn’t listen to Me or pay attention, but became obstinate; they did more evil than their ancestors.

Zechariah 11:10
Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.

Jeremiah 31:31
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a covenant with the people of Israel (nation) and with the people of Judah (faithful.)

The Old Covenant has been revoked; we now live under the New Covenant.

Back