• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Has God Dealt with the Sins of Humanity?

R

robert pate

Only a few believe that he has, the rest are trying to deal with it themselves.

Those that believe God has ALREADY dealt with their sins and the sins of humanity have ceased from their own effort to deal with their sins and have entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10. The religious are trying to be good enough to be saved, much like the Pharisees. Paul said, "By the works of the law (what we do) no flesh will be justified in his sight" Romans 3:20. The more one tries to overcome their sins, the more they will sin. That is just the opposite of what you will hear in the organized church.

In the early 70's there were seminars being held all over the country on how to live the victorious Christian life. Being a new Christian, my wife and I attended one. It was 100% law. We might as well have gone to a Jewish synagogue. It was all about us and our effort in dealing with sin. The seminars didn't last long because it didn't work. The law does not produce righteousness, instead it produces sin, Paul said, "For I was without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died. And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. For sin taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me" Romans 7:9-11.

It is only when we are free from the law (religious instructions) that we will be able to live the Christian life. Many professing Christians have trouble admitting that they are sinners. Paul didn't have any trouble admitting that he was a sinner, Romans 7:18. One of the first steps in overcoming alcoholism is to admit that you are an alcoholic, same way with sin. You will not overcome sin until you admit that you have a sin problem. We do not become sinners, we were MADE sinners, "For as by one man's disobedience (Adam) many were MADE sinners, so by the obedience of one (Christ) shall many be MADE righteous" Romans 5:19.

There is nothing that we can do about our sin problem. We are born into sin, Psalm 51:5. The best thing that you can do is to accept the fact that you are a sinner, born after Adam. We are called to live our lives before God as sinners, saved sinners. Your phony self-righteous holiness religion is not going to fool God. God knows that you are a sinner. Trying to become holy by the law or religion will make you a hypocrite just like the Pharisees.

The good news of the Gospel is that Jesus in our name and on our behalf, overcame sin, death and the devil. Jesus is our representative. What Jesus accomplished in his life, death and resurrection he did for us. The life of Jesus is our real life. The death of Jesus is our death. The resurrection of Jesus is our resurrection. As far as God is concerned, we are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. It doesn't matter what others think about you, nor does it matter what you think about yourself. The only thing that matters is how God sees you, God sees you as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Knowing and believing this can help you to overcome sin. Brinsmead said, "If you are perfect and complete in Christ, then act like it". If sin has been crucified with Christ, why would anyone want to be a part of that? A good son does not need instructions. He knows what is required of him and lives accordingly. He would never do anything to shame or disgrace his father. If you have to be told how to live it may be that you don't have the Holy Spirit, who is the Christians guide and teacher. Paul said that the law was not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9.

To be preoccupied with sin is a denial of the Gospel. In the Gospel Jesus has ALREADY defeated sin, death and the devil. Christians stand in God's holy court as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10. Paul wrote, "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace" Romans 6:14. Those that are preoccupied with sin are those that are under the law, because the law promotes sin. All of the holiness religions like Catholicism are full of sinners. The Catholic church almost went bankrupt paying out tens of millions of dollars to victims of perverted priest.

Trying to get the victory over sin, will lead to more sin. Jesus is the only one that got the victory over sin, his victory is our victory. Pentecostalism is another holiness religion that is full of sin and corruption. It is full of sin and corruption because there is no emphasis on the Gospel and justification by faith. All religions have one thing in common, they are all subjective, it is all about them and their quest for holiness. Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. There is none righteous because all have been born after Adam and are sinners by nature. Trying to change your sin nature will only lead to more sin.

So, what is the answer to humanities sin problem? there isn't one. I am not concerned about sin, and I am not about to get in the sin fight. I am a sinner saved by grace. I don't deliberately sin, because there are serious consequences to sin. Not only that I am scared to death that the Lord would give me a good ass whipping if I sinned against him. When sin enters my mind, I quickly dismiss it. "Resist the devil and he will flee from you". Those that have a sin problem are the ones that are always entertaining it or flirting with it. The flesh is weak, if you flirt with sin, sin will win.

Back