• Welcome to White Horse Forums. We ask that you would please take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members section. Tell us a bit about yourself and dive in!

Gog, Magog, Russia, Ukraine and the Antichrist

P

patrick jane

Gog, Magog, Russia, Ukraine and the Antichrist​

As Russia and Vladimir Putin invade Ukraine, we take a look as many believers are saying that this is exactly what Ezekiel 38 and 39 speaks about regarding Gog and Magog. We also will take a look at who the Bible describes as the antichrist according to the scriptures.

30 minutes

Greetings Patrick Jane,
As Russia and Vladimir Putin invade Ukraine, we take a look as many believers are saying that this is exactly what Ezekiel 38 and 39 speaks about regarding Gog and Magog. We also will take a look at who the Bible describes as the antichrist according to the scriptures.
Unfortunately he did not properly deal with the subject as yet, and states that they will be considering the subject next week. He did indicate that his view is that the Antichrist will be of Islamic origin (refer his summary of the Antichrist clip @ 27:00 mins). I will briefly state my position, I consider that Russia will be the King of the North of Ezekiel 38 and Daniel 11:40-45. I consider that Russia will have to take Istanbul to assume this position and hold it for a considerable time before the events of Ezekiel 38. I consider that this will establish the Eastern portion of the renewed Roman Empire, mainly military. I reject the concept that the Antichrist will be of Islamic origin. I believe the Antichrist is Roman Catholic and the Papacy, situated in the Western portion of the renewed Roman Empire, mainly religious. Christ will overcome firstly the military at the Battle of Armageddon and later the religious Antichrist over a longer period of time Daniel 7 and Revelation 17.

I was interested in the following map and comment:
View attachment 732
Now Putin is moving in dramatic fashion to bring Kiev, the original capital of the ancient Kievan Rus, under his power, and he will then truly be the Prince of Rosh of Ezekiel 38.
It could be said that the angels were at work a thousand years ago in Kiev, laying the ground work for the events we are witnessing today.
The first great ruler of the Kievan Rus in 980 AD was none other than Vladimir the Great, who became Saint Vladimir after he converted from paganism to Eastern Orthodox Christianity.
Interestingly, legend has it that when he decided to renounce paganism, he sent ambassadors to learn about Mahommed, and the Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic faiths. When they reported back to him that Muslims couldn’t eat pork or drink alcohol, he quickly dismissed that option, saying that ”drinking is the joy of all the Rus”. Eventually he chose to follow the Christianity of Constantinople, because their churches were much more beautiful than the Roman Catholic variety, and worshipping at the magnificent Hagia Sophia cathedral had made his ambassadors feel like they were almost in heaven.
Upon hearing this report from his ambassadors, Vladimir was immediately baptised, and ordered all his subjects to follow suit, and thereafter the foundations of the Russian Orthodox Church were laid in the great cathedrals standing today in Kiev.
So now Vladimir Putin seeks his own destiny and glory as the modern successor of Vladimir the Great of Kiev. He will truly be Prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal! (See map attached).
And after taking Kiev, should we not expect Putin to cast his eye on the historical heart of eastern orthodoxy – Constantinople!

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings again Patrick Jane,

We had our Seminar/Lecture last night, and the subject was "Armageddon, God's war to bring 1000 years of peace". A few teething problems at first with our "Picture in Picture" as this is the first time that we used this equipment where the slides go straight into you-tube, rather than the camera viewing the projection on the screen. This presents the view that Christadelphians have claimed since 1850, that the Gog, the Prince of Rosh, the King of the North of Ezekiel 38:1-2 and Daniel 11:40-45 is Russia. We consider that this is the military Eastern Roman Empire, while the Antichrist is the religious Western Roman Empire, the Papacy. It will be interesting to compare what Chad Davidson says in his second video and if he answers some of the concepts presented in the Seminar shown below.
View: https://youtu.be/K1jYFFSGfbs

Kind regards
Trevor

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings again Patrick Jane,
The following video was given last night by one of our senior expositors. This is on the same subject as my previous post, but given one year later, but gives the same perspective on Ezekiel 38 that Russia is the King of the North who will eventually invade the Middle East. This is contrary to the view presented in the video in the OP.
View: https://youtu.be/zIdqDlAzH34

Kind regards
Trevor

The first step in figuring this all out is to determine which direction is north and which direction is south. Also, you need to figure out whose jaws are getting hooked.

Unfortunately for the people that try to make scripture refer to modern day places, there has never been a place called rosh in any known ancient writing.
"Rosh" as a place name would have been meaningless to the ancient writers and readers of scripture.

H7218 rosh
599 times in the KJV, the majority of which mean chief, head, ruler, top, captain.

1 Chronicles 7:40 KJV
(40) All these were the children of Asher, heads [rosh] of their father's house, choice and mighty men of valour, chief [rosh] of the princes. And the number throughout the genealogy of them that were apt to the war and to battle was twenty and six thousand men.

And the high priest was also referred to as rosh.

2 Kings 25 KJV
(18) And the captain of the guard took Seraiah the chief [rosh] priest, and Zephaniah the second priest, and the three keepers of the door:

Nothing at all to do with the place of Russia.

The first step in figuring this all out is to determine which direction is north
True dat!
"North" not only can refer to earthly geography but can also denote the cosmic spiritual realm.

A few examples of "North" referring to the cosmic spiritual realm:

Ezekiel's vision of the heavenly throne:​
Ezekiel 1:4 ESV​
(4) As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal.​
God creating the North:​
Job 26:7 ESV​
(7) He [God] stretches out the north over the void and hangs the earth on nothing.​
God in the North:​
Job 37:22 ESV​
(22) Out of the north comes golden splendor; God is clothed with awesome majesty.​
Leviticus 1:11 KJV​
(11) And he shall kill it on the side of the altar northward before the LORD: and the priests, Aaron's sons, shall sprinkle his blood round about upon the altar.​
Psalms 48:1-2 KJV​
(1) A Song and Psalm for the sons of Korah. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.​
(2) Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.​
Israel's exaltation comes from the North:​
Psalms 75:6-7 KJV​
(6) For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. [that only leaves the North]
(7) But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.​
Satan want to sit as the Most High in the North:​
Isaiah 14:12-14 KJV​
(12) How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!​
(13) For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:​
(14) I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.​

True dat!
"North" not only can refer to earthly geography but can also denote the cosmic spiritual realm.

A few examples of "North" referring to the cosmic spiritual realm:

Ezekiel's vision of the heavenly throne:​
Ezekiel 1:4 ESV​
(4) As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud, with brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, as it were gleaming metal.​
God creating the North:​
Job 26:7 ESV​
(7) He [God] stretches out the north over the void and hangs the earth on nothing.​
God in the North:​
Job 37:22 ESV​
(22) Out of the north comes golden splendor; God is clothed with awesome majesty.​
Leviticus 1:11 KJV​
(11) And he shall kill it on the side of the altar northward before the LORD: and the priests, Aaron's sons, shall sprinkle his blood round about upon the altar.​
Psalms 48:1-2 KJV​
(1) A Song and Psalm for the sons of Korah. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.​
(2) Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.​
Israel's exaltation comes from the North:​
Psalms 75:6-7 KJV​
(6) For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. [that only leaves the North]
(7) But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.​
Satan want to sit as the Most High in the North:​
Isaiah 14:12-14 KJV​
(12) How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!​
(13) For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:​
(14) I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.​
Sissy, have you heard about Heiser's health issues? He's not doing well. He posted recently on FB about it. Apparently, barring a miracle, he's near the end of life.

Sissy, have you heard about Heiser's health issues? He's not doing well. He posted recently on FB about it. Apparently, barring a miracle, he's near the end of life.
That's sad.
I heard he was battling cancer and his chemo treatments made him very weak.
Other than that I haven't heard any updates.

Greetings Only_3 and Sissy,
The first step in figuring this all out is to determine which direction is north and which direction is south.
True dat!
Ezekiel 38:15 indicates a direction, and a place, not the cosmic spiritual realm. North and South in Daniel 11 refer to the Seleucid and Ptolemaic divisions of the Grecian Empire, and corresponded to north and south of Israel.
Unfortunately for the people that try to make scripture refer to modern day places, there has never been a place called rosh in any known ancient writing.
"Rosh" as a place name would have been meaningless to the ancient writers and readers of scripture.
I assume Rosh also alludes to the fact that they are the head of the confederacy. Both talks give some reference to the Rus people, and even today this could be preserved in the name Belarus. I understand they occupied northern Ukraine but many migrated north to avoid the Mongolians. As far as the other detail of Ezekiel 38, the chapter clearly depicts the return of the Jews to the Holy Land, their return as agriculturalists, not their conversion to Christianity, and then a military invasion, the defeat of this invasion and the conversion of a significant remnant in Ezekiel 39, then the establishment and building of the Temple in Ezekiel 40-48. All of this corresponds to the significant opening vision of the writing prophets Isaiah 2:1-4. It is as if we are given the final picture and then the rest of the prophets give the many details how this will be accomplished.

Kind regards
Trevor

Greetings Only_3 and Sissy,

Ezekiel 38:15 indicates a direction, and a place, not the cosmic spiritual realm. North and South in Daniel 11 refer to the Seleucid and Ptolemaic divisions of the Grecian Empire, and corresponded to north and south of Israel.

I assume Rosh also alludes to the fact that they are the head of the confederacy. Both talks give some reference to the Rus people, and even today this could be preserved in the name Belarus. I understand they occupied northern Ukraine but many migrated north to avoid the Mongolians. As far as the other detail of Ezekiel 38, the chapter clearly depicts the return of the Jews to the Holy Land, their return as agriculturalists, not their conversion to Christianity, and then a military invasion, the defeat of this invasion and the conversion of a significant remnant in Ezekiel 39, then the establishment and building of the Temple in Ezekiel 40-48. All of this corresponds to the significant opening vision of the writing prophets Isaiah 2:1-4. It is as if we are given the final picture and then the rest of the prophets give the many details how this will be accomplished.

Kind regards
Trevor
Ezekiel's vision lists with Magog other nations that are representative of enemies from every direction, so it's not just Magog that is included.
In Revelation, Gog and Magog together are hostile towards God and His people in the last days.
We should look at that from the perspective the OT listed them all together as a conglomerate of nations who had a chief leader.
That would include the hostile leaders of both the earthly and supernatural enemies that will be defeated.
It is Satan that deceives and leads them to do this.

Revelation 20 KJV
(7) And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, [that's the supernatural realm and he will be the chief leader]
(8) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
(9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
(10) And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Both talks give some reference to the Rus people
"Rosh" is not a place, it the chief leader.

Back